Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#82684 - 21/03/2002 08:29 Seat Toledo V5
rdunmow
new poster

Hi,

I am trying to install my Rio car player into a Seat Toledo. I have had one attempt, but not sound came out of the amp. I am going to try again this weekend and I was woundering if anyone had any experiance of working with Seat Toledo's. I'm after hints and tips and any good ideas for siteing the amp, would prefer not to have to run the cables to the boot if possible.

Many Thanks

Richard

Edited by rdunmow (21/03/2002 08:49)

#82685 - 21/03/2002 11:49 Re: Seat Toledo V5 [Re: rdunmow]
mtempsch
pooh-bah

Loc: Gothenburg, Sweden
If you don't want to run cables to the boot, then you're generally limited to under the front seats or in the dash. In-dash would require a small amp - if it is at all possible, which is far from certain. Glove box might be a possibilty...

I'd expect the Seat (as it's a part of the VAG group) to have the same standard issues as the VW and Audis - switched pin 4 & 7 in the ISO power/signals connector and probably an amplified antenna which requires an adapter so it can be fed power.

You say you got no sound - did you verify the power and ground? Did you check that you got +12V on the remote power on line from the empeg when the empeg was on? Did you verify you speaker connections?

Also, check out the Installation part of the FAQ (linked at the top left of any page of this BBS), and the sites listed within it.

/Michael

#82686 - 21/03/2002 14:39 Re: Seat Toledo V5 [Re: mtempsch]
rdunmow
new poster

Hi,

Thanks for the tips. Looks like I'll have to put the amp in the boot, since the electric seats make it hard to place the amp underneath. I have power for the amp in the boot, amp light was one, volume on amp and rio was set to half, but nothing. Rio was on as well. It all worked fine in the car I took it out of, looks like I have a little trouble shooting to do.

Apart from the power connector, everything else is standard I assume. The Seat did have a strange connector which runs the in dash display also, does anyone know if it is possible to send the output from the rio to the screen, e.g. track title?

Many Thanks

Richard

Edited by rdunmow (21/03/2002 14:43)

#82687 - 21/03/2002 23:56 Re: Seat Toledo V5 [Re: rdunmow]
mtempsch
pooh-bah

Loc: Gothenburg, Sweden
The Seat did have a strange connector which runs the in dash display also, does anyone know if it is possible to send the output from the rio to the screen, e.g. track title?

Probably not without some serious hacking... empeg can be made to send out the stuff (notifications) on the serial port, but what that display wants is an open guess...

Oh, yeah... there's an extra +12V line in the power connector too - IIRC on the pin the empeg wants for the amp remote line...

Edit: Here's a post with the connector pinout for my VW Polo '00/'01

/Michael