Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#83560 - 26/03/2002 13:29 Browse playist, play by7 artist/title, etc..
jnmunsey

Loc: Houston, TX, USA
Ok perhaps this has been asked one way or another, but I did not find it in the FAQ and searching through this forum yielded incomplete results..

I'd like to browse through playlists, both static and dynamic ones.

It would also be cool to play only songs by a specific artist, genre, year, etc without having to set this up in emplode..

I suspect these have been asked before, but what is the official status of these features?

Thanks,

John M

#83561 - 26/03/2002 13:35 Re: Browse playist, play by7 artist/title, etc.. [Re: jnmunsey]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
You can browse through your user-created playlists by using the Playlists menu on the player.

There is no way to browser through the current running order of songs (I assume that's what you mean by "dynamic playlist") without actually changing tracks. This was requested elsewhere, but has not been implemented.

You can play songs by a specific artist, year, or genre by doing searches on the player. Press the Search button on the remote control multiple times to see the options for doing so.

#83562 - 26/03/2002 16:33 Re: Browse playist, play by7 artist/title, etc.. [Re: tfabris]
jnmunsey

Loc: Houston, TX, USA
Duh on the first one, I knew the rquest was made before on browse through current playlist(dynamic), but is there a plan to implement this?

On the play by artist/genre/year/etc, it would be nice if once you select an artist, ALL songs from that point forward would be by that artist without requiring any additional input from the user - is this possible?

Thanks

John M

#83563 - 26/03/2002 16:34 Re: Browse playist, play by7 artist/title, etc.. [Re: jnmunsey]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
it would be nice if once you select an artist, ALL songs from that point forward would be by that artist without requiring any additional input from the user - is this possible?

Right. That's what a search by artist does.

#83564 - 27/03/2002 10:31 Re: Browse playist, play by7 artist/title, etc.. [Re: tfabris]
mtempsch
pooh-bah

Loc: Gothenburg, Sweden
Right. That's what a search by artist does.

If you use replace mode (not append or insert).

/Michael