Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#845 - 06/11/1999 15:27 beta8 release
mac
addict

Loc: Cambridge, UK
I've just finished uploading beta8 to the website http://www2.empeg.com/upgrades/. Please read the release notes before applying the upgrade.

--
Mike Crowe
I may not be speaking on behalf of empeg above :-)

#846 - 07/11/1999 03:29 Re: beta8 release (emplode bug) [Re: mac]
mac
addict

Loc: Cambridge, UK
There would appear to be a refresh bug in the version of emplode shipped with beta8. I can't test it yet since I'm at home and have no Windows machines available :-)

It appears that if you move tracks around the original is not always removed from the display (in fact, almost opposite to the bug that I fixed in beta8). Hopefully switching to a different playlist and back again should fix the problem for the right hand view. If that fails then press F5 to refresh which will also fix the tree on the left view.

--
Mike Crowe
I may not be speaking on behalf of empeg above :-)

#847 - 07/11/1999 06:06 Re: beta8 release [Re: mac]
tadzio
journeyman

Loc: Munich. Germany
I just installed bet8. Thanks a lot for the csv export feature - makes me sleep better... :-)

Now, while the new "search for artist/title" is nice, the user interface is not yet perfect, and the search routine seems to have a bug (see separate post in the Bug Reports section). My main concern is readability (do you say so?). The currently selected track is shown in a larger font, yes, but the one above and below are just too close, so it's hard to read the selected name at a glance - and in the car I just can't spend two or three seconds looking at the empeg - would decrease my life expectancy dramatically...