Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#84872 - 02/04/2002 04:36 setting eq help
devyzhigh
new poster

hi, i have a lil prob setting the eq right. right now, my system has strong bass n vocals but not much the mid range is reall low. what frequencies can i boost to raise the volume on the mid range? thanks

#84873 - 02/04/2002 09:46 Re: setting eq help [Re: devyzhigh]
rockstar
enthusiast

don't boost, start flat, move the high and low bands down. IF you are in 4 channel thing about going to 2 channel ew mode, you have a lot mroe control it seems to me. WHat kind of setup do you have, amps and that, and what sort of crossovers are you using? Also, how are you encoding your mp3's? runa test with a few mp3's at 320 cbr just to make sure your encodings are screwing up the frequencies.

#84874 - 03/04/2002 09:25 Re: setting eq help [Re: devyzhigh]
devyzhigh
new poster

i have a 99 mustang cobra with the mark2a rio car 30gig version. two rockford punch subs(100w) parallel wired to rockford power 360a2 amp. 4 mb quart 5x7's in the factory mounting spots. the thing that makes the big difference is that i removed my backseat, carpetted it up with the sub box made to fit the angle and it fits slush and hits loud as higher end subs. since it's so close to my ears . i listen to mostly rap/r&b

#84875 - 03/04/2002 14:53 Re: setting eq help [Re: devyzhigh]
rockstar
enthusiast

well , unfortunately part of the problem is the 5x7 compnents. that size is known to well.. not sound very full. YOu may want to think about building a plate and dropping in a 5.25 components set up front. leaving the 5x7 in the rear for fill. you may also want to reduce the gain to your subs and raise the crossover freq, or run the subs full range with some tweaking of the crossover and power range. Definately start with a flat empeg eq, and tune as much as you can at the amp. I have one punch he2 10" in my civic HB and 2 sets of compnents jl vr 6.25 in front, jl xr 5.25 in rear.. for staging i usually have my rears about 30% less in volume at the amp. I am still experimenting with my 10 as i just got it.. but if your voice coils are as big as mine or bigger, think about going full range and tweaking.. however it won't hit as hard, but it will sound a hell of a lot better, IMHO. ANyway, start by turning up teh sub xover and turning down teh mid xover. open up more of a frquency range to the mids, but make sure you aren't distorting them when you turn it up. Also remember the empeg should sit around 0 db when it is at the typical listening volume.. that will make a huge diff in sq too. GOod luck. Feel free to PM me if you have specific questions. and check out caraudioforums.com