Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#886 - 14/11/1999 03:56 Another empeg on ebay
tanstaafl.
carpal tunnel

Loc: Ajijic, Mexico
There is another 6 GB empeg for sale on ebay, don't recognize the ebay user id ("fraskman") as a poster on this bbs. C'mon, John Trask, who are you over here in empeg-land?

Should we start a pool, the winner being the one who comes closest to guessing how much over retail the auction price will go?

tanstaafl.

"There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch"

#887 - 14/11/1999 21:19 Re: Another empeg on ebay [Re: tanstaafl.]
raadams
new poster

Just as an FYI I think I know why the last empeg on ebay was canceled. The pictures used for that auction and the current one were from the empeg site. Now I don't think that alone would cause a prob but e-bay does have a problem with the www.empeg.com address that is on those pictures.

I think they see this as an advertisment to buy the empeg on the webpage rather than the auction.(Which bypasses ebay's fees) They don't understand the nature of the empeg's distribution so they think this is against the rules when it isn't.
This is part of the ebay policy.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Advertisements, Want Ads or Trades
Advertisements are listing in which the seller is advertising an item(s) or service that they are selling not on eBay. Section 5 of the User Agreement says that you must "...describe the item you are listing for listing."

Another form of an advertisement occurs when the seller is not selling anything in that listing, but directs the bidders to another listing on eBay. Often the item description advises the bidders, "do not bid here," and directs the bidders to the listing where they are selling the actual item.

Finally, listings advertising a want to buy or trade items are not allowed. However, eBay does provide a forum for users to advertise their want for a particular item on the eBay Wanted Board.

Policy: All listings with advertisements are not permitted and will be ended, except for listings within the Non-Binding Bid Category. The insertion fee will be automatically credited for that listing.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

#888 - 14/11/1999 21:24 Re: Another empeg on ebay [Re: raadams]
raadams
new poster

Here's another section that covers the same thing.
BTW the address of this page is here

I hope this new auction doesn't get yanked. :)

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Links
Users may place a simple link to another web page in the description portion of their listing to help provide more information about the listed item. However, the following links are not permitted:

links to other listing sites
links to sites offering the same merchandise for the same or lower price
links to sites offering merchandise prohibited on eBay
Policy: The links described above are not permitted and will be ended. The insertion fee will be automatically credited for that listing.

#889 - 15/11/1999 07:53 Re: Another empeg on ebay [Re: tanstaafl.]
Dearing
addict

Loc: Florida
John Trask is a co-worker of mine who thought the Empeg was awesome and wanted one of his own. Since it's now on Ebay, I told him I want some of the profits :) .
Jason

_~= Dearing =~_
"WAY too happy about having #99."

#890 - 15/11/1999 19:45 Re: Another empeg on ebay [Re: tanstaafl.]
perreag
new poster

Loc: Quebec, Canada
I am the current highest bidder.... And I am ready to pay more than actual price...

Why: I should receive my EMPEG by march 2000... Time is money, so...

#891 - 15/11/1999 23:12 Re: Another empeg on ebay [Re: perreag]
BasicGuy
stranger

This is kinda fun.
I out bid you, you out bid me,I out bid you.

I have a feeling your not done yet though.

Brad Graff

#892 - 16/11/1999 08:02 Re: Another empeg on ebay [Re: BasicGuy]
dionysus
veteran

Loc: San Francisco, CA
ch-ching...

#893 - 17/11/1999 10:28 Re: Another empeg on ebay [Re: BasicGuy]
perreag
new poster

Loc: Quebec, Canada
I should not say this..... It's yours... as far as I am concerned...
I am more interested in the PBJ 100 from Hango.... Really portable device with 4.86G Hard drive... like a walkman...