Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#90754 - 27/04/2002 16:46 Hijack problem with ethernet...??? Help needed!
djdrock
journeyman

I have scoured the faq and the board. I can not find a definite answer for my problem. I just installed emplode 2.0.12, Beta 11 and Hijack v2.62 for MK2 on my backup 20gig player. All the updates went fine. However, when I try and use ethernet, I get the flashlight treatment for about 10 seconds before it finds the IP address, then it zips through initializing, connecting to player etc. When it gets to "retrieving database", it just stalls. USB has never worked for me since I upgraded to XP pro (and I really don't care). It does fully load when I use serial cable, but it does hesitate for a bit giving me the flashlight treatment first. I know that my ethernet is set up correctly, I am using the same settings I have used for months on my other player. I have read about similar problems with USB. I have tried rebooting and connecting when the player is plugged in but powered off. Your help is appreciated. Thanks.

#90755 - 27/04/2002 16:54 Re: Hijack problem with ethernet...??? Help needed! [Re: djdrock]
djdrock
journeyman

Okay...I tried playing around with it time and time again, and now it is working and I have done absolutely nothing different accept load up "windows task manager" to see the Networking activity. Now it is working fine. WEIRD! However, if anyone has any ideas why it was doing this, please let me know!