Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#91852 - 03/05/2002 16:33 Random switching between DSP and AUX in
acurasquirrel_
enthusiast

Alright today I was driving along with my girlfriend and she had control of the remote. Well Im not sure what happened but it probably had to do with her using the remote and me using the buttons, but the player just starting switching between DSP and AUX in like every sec. The only way I could stop it was to pull the unit out and replace it. Sorry I dont have more information but just thought Id let ya know

#91853 - 03/05/2002 16:38 Re: Random switching between DSP and AUX in [Re: acurasquirrel_]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
I believe Hijack was installed. Correct?

Hijack somehow missed/got confused about the "button-up" command from the volume knob. Or perhaps another button on the remote. This is something that should be reported to Mark as a Hijack bug. Here is how to reproduce it with the volume knob, not sure how to do it with other buttons:

- Press and hold the volume-knob-button on the front panel. Do not release it.

- Press and release the Menu button on the Rio Remote Control.

- Now release the volume-knob-button on the front panel.

Player now switches sources constantly with no input. Can be cleared simply by pressing and releasing the volume-knob-button on the front panel.

#91854 - 03/05/2002 16:41 Re: Random switching between DSP and AUX in [Re: tfabris]
acurasquirrel_
enthusiast

Yes Hijack was installed so that must be it. And now that I think about it the button presses seem to be the same. Thanks for the info. BTW Im now the commonly asked question manager at team-integra.net

#91855 - 07/06/2002 01:45 Re: Random switching between DSP and AUX in [Re: acurasquirrel_]
speedy67
enthusiast

Loc: South-West-Germany
Yesterday i got the same symptom, but my player was paused and nobody touched a button, not on the front nor the remote...
Hijack's Screenblanker was active, when suddenly the unit started switching between aux and mp3.
Remembering this thread, but not exactly, i just pulled the unit out and in again.
After finishing booting, the player was blank again. I tried to press play on the front, but nothing happened. Same on track skip. I opened the menu (all on the front now...) and the item shown was "source". I switched over to info and visual, both were set to off.
I thought, the player had lost the settings, but sound (Loudness and EQ) were still set. I pulled it out again, nothing changed. Went in menu again, down on "source" and selected "player".
Info: Track appeared, showing the pause symbol. Pressed play and it began to play as if nothing had happened...

Seems like quark-impact on the processor... ;-)

cheers