Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#93157 - 12/05/2002 08:20 Yes, I'm still soldering Button Kits
mlord
carpal tunnel

Loc: Canada
Today I accidently deleted a couple of button-kit install inquiries while cleaning spam from my inbox.. so for those two people and anyone else..

Yes, I still offer a Button LED Installation Service.

I charge US$50 per installation (buttons & knob together), plus US$10 for the dimmer-fix capacitor install, plus about US$10 for 5-day return shipment via the post office. If you use a creditcard with PayPal, plan on another US$3 to cover their creditcard transaction fees.

I don't really make any money from this, since it just takes time (90 minutes or so) away from my consulting work (much higher pay rate there..), but I like the distraction and somebody has to do it!

To take advantage of this service, first acquire a button kit from Brian (see the Buttons link up top), and then email me (real email) for my shipping address.

You'll then need to remove the displayboard from your unit, and mail/FedEx it to me in a SMALL package, with "Value $1.00, Sample Kit" on the Customs declaration (I'm in Canada). I usually complete and return it within 1-2 days of receipt. Do not PayPal me for this until after the job, when I'll send you exact instructions (along with a photo of the working button LEDs!).

Cheers

Mark Lord

#93158 - 12/05/2002 08:34 Re: Yes, I'm still soldering Button Kits [Re: mlord]
Satan_X
enthusiast

Loc: Ramsey, NJ
ARGH! Dont tempt me so......

I've been wanting to do this, but my soldering skills could be classified as.....ummm....dangerous. So I just let go the idea of the happy glowing buttons. Now, temptation is back, and it's brought doughnuts.

#93159 - 12/05/2002 10:23 Re: Yes, I'm still soldering Button Kits [Re: mlord]
justinlarsen
old hand

Loc: Petaluma, CA
could u explain or direct me to a thread about the simmer-fix capacitor? Is it something that fixes the dimming when the buttons are pressed? or is it just something that neeeds to be done, thanks

#93160 - 12/05/2002 10:28 Re: Yes, I'm still soldering Button Kits [Re: justinlarsen]
justinlarsen
old hand

Loc: Petaluma, CA
cancel that i found it

#93161 - 12/05/2002 12:29 Re: Yes, I'm still soldering Button Kits [Re: Satan_X]
morrisdl
enthusiast

Loc: Rochester, NY USA
Thanks again Mark!

Attachments
91702-empeg with lights neon.jpg (139 downloads)