Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#68932 - 08/02/2002 21:24 Maybe a couple bugs?
jheathco
enthusiast

Loc: Mission Viejo, California
In b11, I notice that the info mode I had selected when the unit shutoff doesn't come up after a reboot. Also, the last time I got out of my car, the unit kept playing after I cut power... maybe just a fluke?

#68933 - 08/02/2002 21:35 Re: Maybe a couple bugs? [Re: jheathco]
wfaulk
carpal tunnel

Loc: Raleigh, NC US
As for the info mode, that's been reported and confirmed over in ``Bug Reports''. Don't know about the power issue.

#68934 - 08/02/2002 21:55 Re: Maybe a couple bugs? [Re: wfaulk]
dngovy
stranger

Loc: Houston ,TX
I also am experiencing the power issue (turn off the car and my player keeps playing). I haven't been able to reproduce the problem - but its happened to me twice today. The unit will just keep playing like normal for about 5 - 10 seconds after I turn off the car. Never experienced the problem until the upgrade... I'll keep you guys updated if it keeps doing this.

#68935 - 09/02/2002 00:40 Re: Maybe a couple bugs? [Re: dngovy]
tanstaafl.
carpal tunnel

Loc: Ajijic, Mexico
I also am experiencing the power issue (turn off the car and my player keeps playing).

As am I. It only happens once in a while, and I think the problem first happened with 2.0B7. In my case, the player continues to play, with visuals and a working UI, but the amps are switched off. Hmmm... now that I think about that, I believe my amps are switched not by the empeg, but by the Sony XA-39 switching relay that directs output as appropriate from my two head units.

Anyway, maybe one time in every ten when I turn off the car, the player keeps going.

tanstaafl.