Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#79288 - 10/03/2002 17:29 oh god what the hell have i done
Whitey

Loc: Louisiana, USA
I am new to the empeg palyer. I have had mine for about 2 months now and eveything has been great. i brought it in the house last night to load some higher bitrate songs, before i went to bed i synced it. i got up this moring to head to ward teh parents house (which is a damn long way) and the player wouldn't boot. all i get is the RIO logo on the front. I cant get it to come up on my network. none of the buttons respond. it's just dead. I have been reading on it and know the OP system is kept on a diffrent partition. can I rebuild that partition without sending if off for repair??? Am i screwed ??? please for the love of all that is holy help whitey.

#79289 - 10/03/2002 17:37 Re: oh god what the hell have i done [Re: Whitey]
justinlarsen
old hand

Loc: Petaluma, CA
dont panic its probably the cronic drive cable, contact david at support he will send you a new one asap

#79290 - 10/03/2002 18:12 Re: oh god what the hell have i done [Re: Whitey]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
You haven't done anything wrong. Please read this FAQ entry.

#79291 - 10/03/2002 20:19 Re: oh god what the hell have i done [Re: tfabris]
Whitey

what about that removal voids warranty crap???
it look like ill be doing any repairs myself. With the help of you guys lord willing

#79292 - 10/03/2002 23:34 Re: oh god what the hell have i done [Re: Whitey]
mtempsch
pooh-bah

Loc: Gothenburg, Sweden
Make sure to contact David (the support guy) at empeg - he'll probably clear you to replace the cable yourself after he sends it out. While waiting for the cable you could then (after clearance) shift the drive over to the free space on the drive mounting plate and use the other plug on the cable - the poor crimping seems to be limited to the middle connector on the cable and there's been reports of success using this (temporary) work-around...

/Michael

#79293 - 10/03/2002 23:56 Re: oh god what the hell have i done [Re: mtempsch]
Whitey

i really appreciate you guys. I will in the future do my best to become an asset.