Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#53975 - 02/01/2002 21:10 Info setting not saving! help
booey

Ok, just got my Empeg installed today. I love it. So many features to choose from i dont know where to start!!
One thing i noticed is that when i set the INFO setting to Line, when i turn off the car and turn back on, the INFO setting goes back to Now & Next. Anyone know why this is not saving? All my other settings.. Clock , EQ, all seem to be saving. Just not the INFO setting.
Thanks again for all the help guys!!
Brian

#53976 - 02/01/2002 21:24 Re: Info setting not saving! help [Re: booey]
wfaulk
carpal tunnel

Loc: Raleigh, NC US
Why do the visuals disappear every time I put it in the car? in the FAQ, which you should read. It really does answer a lot of questions and point out features you might not know existed.

#53977 - 02/01/2002 21:25 Re: Info setting not saving! help [Re: booey]
tonyc
carpal tunnel

Loc: Pittsburgh, PA
This is in the FAQ somewhere... The info setting is turned to a non-visuals setting so that the Empeg folks are absolved of legal obligation if you're staring at the visuals and you run off the road. I don't think they plan on changing that soon.

The workaround is to hold the "down" front panel button when you start up. The hijack modifications (see the Programming forum) have a hack to get around this limitation.

Almost all audio components with mesmerizing displays do something like this. GPS units do it as well.

#53978 - 03/01/2002 10:48 Re: Info setting not saving! help [Re: tonyc]
beaker
addict

Loc: England
In reply to:

The workaround is to hold the "down" front panel button when you start up.

Just to remove any ambiguity: Power up the player and once it has fully booted press and hold the bottom button in. This will switch to whatever Info mode you were in before you powered down.