Hijack v444 is now available.

This version boosts the gain control of the cs4231a chip to max, for use when sampling Radio/Aux inputs to compute the front-panel graphical visual displays. There is no effect on visuals from the mpeg player engine, as that path does not use the cs4231a for sampling.

I have found that the v3alpha series has severely muted the visuals for Radio/Aux, so this does a little bit towards making them work again. Even with the gain at max, it's still a bit lower than I'd like, though.

There is now a new Hijack parameter for config.ini, known as visuals_gain, which can be assigned any value from 0 through 31. A value of 0 means use the player's default setting of 8 (same behaviour as prior to Hijack v444,), and values from 1..15 are straight 1.5dB gain increments. Values from 16 through 31 add a +20dB boost to the lower 1..15 values. The default is a gain of 31 (15 + 20dB boost).

Also new, the /proc/empeg_cs4231 file now shows the two most recent 16-bit samples, so you can how adjusting the gain works out. This is also to aid me in implementing record from FM some day. I may begin that by simply streaming the samples out over TCP or UDP to my 24/7 network server, and let that machine actually save the recordings.

Cheers

Edited by mlord (02/12/2005 17:58)