Despite the cluelessness of Digital River (who do still handle e-commerce for SB, but send support messages in a loop to their own addresses), the eStore came through.

I have to give high marks to the SB shipping department for my package. The empeg box was inside another huge box with lots of peanuts and a small invoice. On the outside, on the FedEx paperwork, the unit was valued at US$169 for customs! Yes. This is how you ship something from the US to Canada. I'm glad someone else "got it" without me having to ask for special consideration. :)

This saved me CAD$126.65 :) The FedEx tracking system wasn't helpful at all however both the physical package as well as all its computer-based paperwork shows up. Made it look like my package was bouncing around from US to Canada and back to US. Next was a somewhat ignorant employee I spoke to on the phone who was trying to assure me that this package would NOT be delivered because I was an "individual" and did not have a pre-arranged broker. She told me I could sign over a power of attorney to FedEx or go to the customs house to clear it myself. Not like anything I've ever experienced with express service from FedEx. Later talking to someone else this was cleared up. FedEx paid my taxes and cleared the package and would deliver tomorrow & collect the fees. Or I was free to come and pick it up and pay them right then. I didn't have to think twice.. :)