I have just replaced a faulty IDE cable (faulty batch, apparently) under warranty, and after putting everything back together, it won't turn on. When I plug it in the standby LED doesn't even light.

Can anyone suggest what may be the problem before I get onto technical support? Now, I'm sure the first thought in everyone's head is I must have bumped something while it's apart, but I have sufficient confidence in my abilities that I would be VERY suprised if I did (although I won't of course rule this possibility out).

My hope (!) is that it may be to do with the fact that it has not been plugged in for a few months.... is there some flash memory or something which has died without power over time? Unfortunately I didn't think to test it before opening to see that all was ok. Any way to force a cold reboot? Any other suggestions people can suggest would be met with open arms.... after having it out of action for a while I was really looking forward to cranking it up, and sending it under warranty (if they will even honour it now) from Australia will be a real drag.

Many thanks for any help you can offer.

Empeg guru powers, activate!

Ben