hi guys

ive been a long time sufferer of the 'No HDD Found, Contact Support' syndrome on my Mk2a empeg, mainly due to poor solder joins on the IDE connector on the motherboard... ive fixed most of them myself (different 'legs' of the connector seemed to break off the motherboard from time to time, like every few months another one would seperate... strange) so ive fixed a number of the solder joins, but recently it suddenly failed again and after spending hours checking all the joins they all seem good but the unit will not pick up the drives.

i tried contacting support (emailed to [email protected], as directed in the FAQ) but its approaching 2 weeks with no response. i was wondering what the normal turnaround time was for support to get back in touch with users via email (i have contacted support before when David was there, he sent out a replacement cable quite promptly - i heard back from him in about 3 days...) im guessing there have been some changes there since he left so do you think i should wait longer/send another email/contact a different address?

im all the way in New Zealand so i am really dreading the long downtime (the gaping empty sled in the car is a painful sight too)!

thanks alot for any tips guys