I have a dual amp setup (one on each side of my Miata trunk). Both amps get power directly from the battery post. One amp (Memphis ST3004) grounds where the battery grounds (chassis), the other (Majestic 120W 4ch) on chassis on the other side. The remote turn-on lead goes from the harness to the first (Memphis) amp and where it is tied into that amp, I tied the remote turn on from the other amp (Majestic). What first raised my suspicions was that there was a spark when I put the fuse into the power lead for the Memphis amp. I then noticed, that when the speaker wires touch (I mean the blank ends during installation), it engages the safety circuit of the Memphis amp. Also, I get a loud thump from the speaker powered by the Memphis when I plug the empeg into the harness. Lastly, the green power diode was glowing even when the empeg wasn't in the sled (but I understood the manual to say that that was normnal).
Now, a week later with no movement of the car, the battery is drained. What could I have made wrong? Does that sound like some common mistake that happens to a lot of people?