Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#187280 - 29/10/2003 19:34 Gladius Pimpage
loren
carpal tunnel

Loc: SLC, UT, USA
Okay, let it be known that 2 years of my mouse finger sweat and late night tears went into this game... and it's FINALLY out in a couple of days for all three major consoles. I wish i could tell you if it was fun or not, but since i'm not really into this genre of game, and i haven't had time to sit down and play it since i got my copy yesterday, it's hard for me to say. But, the reviews have all been incredibly good... some 5 stars on the 5 scale, some 8's and 9's on the 10 scale. I guess i'm hoping some of you guys who are into that type of game can let me hear how you like it. I was just a lowly animator, so no gripes to me about the gameplay! heheh.

So if you are into RPG/Sports/RTS/whatever, give it a shot.

pimpage... stop.

#187281 - 29/10/2003 22:26 Re: Gladius Pimpage [Re: loren]
BAKup
addict

Loc: Houston, TX
Joey, do you like games about gladiators?

Just as soon as I find time to play another game I'm getting it.

Loading up FFXI tomorrow.

#187282 - 30/10/2003 01:05 Re: Gladius Pimpage [Re: loren]
Dignan
carpal tunnel

Loc: Sterling, VA
Well, by the topic of your post I was hoping for a game mixing the worlds of gladiators and 70's street pimps, but your game looks good too And at the very least, it looks good, so good job

#187283 - 30/10/2003 04:43 Re: Gladius Pimpage [Re: loren]
peter
carpal tunnel

Loc: Cambridge, England
Who was it recently that was looking for a good name for their cat? I vote for "Gladius Pimpage".

Peter

#187284 - 30/10/2003 05:36 Re: Gladius Pimpage [Re: peter]
mschrag
pooh-bah

Loc: Richmond, VA
LOL. That's a classic name ... That's not a bad nickname for my dog too -- Polly Prissy Pants was getting tired

#187285 - 30/10/2003 05:37 Re: Gladius Pimpage [Re: loren]
mschrag
pooh-bah

Loc: Richmond, VA
I saw the trailer in front of Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic (which is ruining my life -- causing me to be late for work, forget to eat, etc). I'm not typically into either of these types of games, but KOTOR has consumed my life and Gladius looked pretty badass ... Did you do any of the animation that appeared in the trailer?

#187286 - 30/10/2003 09:57 Re: Gladius Pimpage [Re: mschrag]
loren
carpal tunnel

I"m not sure what was in the trailer, but chances are that yest i did some animation on it. I did so much of the ingame stuff i can't even remember all of it... but i did most of the Samnite (big fat guy), the mongrel man, dervish, Valens, Mutuus... bah, a bunch of others.... and a lot of the non-scripted cutscenes, including the final boss scene. I'm not particularly proud of my animation in that game. It was so crunched for time and pretty unorganized, so none of it came out great IMHO. What i'm working on now holds about 10 times as much pride for me. I'm more proud that i got through that game without quitting! hahah.

#187287 - 30/10/2003 12:16 Re: Gladius Pimpage [Re: BAKup]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
Joey, do you like games about gladiators?
ROFL

Congratulations, Loren!

#187288 - 30/10/2003 12:18 Re: Gladius Pimpage [Re: loren]
drakino
carpal tunnel

This game did seem pretty cool when I looked at it at E3. I will probably pick up the Cube version, since I already know how the controls work on it.

You know if these are actually up for sale now?

Also, can't wait for Armed & Dangerous to come out, it looks to be quite a bit of fun. On, and Loren, smack the person who cancelled the new Full Throttle game, and make sure the same thing dosen't happen to the new Sam and Max game. There are actually people out there that like Lucasarts non Star Wars games.

#187289 - 30/10/2003 12:22 Re: Gladius Pimpage [Re: loren]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
Okay, this is a bitchin' screen shot. Are all those spectators really polygonal and animated?

#187290 - 30/10/2003 13:46 Re: Gladius Pimpage [Re: tfabris]
loren
carpal tunnel

You know if these are actually up for sale now?
Those were prototypes. The Mongrel man is the only one that went into production as far as i know... i have one sitting here on my desk. I THINK the Samnite is also in production, but don't quote me on that. The rest are going to be made depending on the sales of the first two, and the overall popularity of the game.
Also, can't wait for Armed & Dangerous to come out, it looks to be quite a bit of fun
YES! I can't wait for this either. it's going to rock... the dialogue is hilarious.. and the action is action packed.
Loren, smack the person who cancelled the new Full Throttle game, and make sure the same thing dosen't happen to the new Sam and Max game
Trust me, it's better that it got canceled. It would have SUCKED and lost us tons of money... there was some gross mismanagement going on in that project. They decided to completely change focus half way through on one of the major aspects of the game. As for Sam and Max, don't worry, it's coming out, and it's gonna be a classic. I don't know about the gameplay yet, but i'm sure they'll pull through.
Are all those spectators really polygonal and animated?
Yes, they are all polygonal and animated... though some are flat, while others are fully polygonal and 3d. There are different Levels of Detail (LOD) that get popped in and out depending on the camera position. The animations aren't detailed at all... i wish i could have done some of them to make them better but they ended up being done by an art tech.