Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#243482 - 06/12/2004 23:17 T-Shirt Printing
visuvius
addict

I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction...

For the past few years I've wanted to be able to make my own tshirts. I want to be able to print basically anything on any color shirt. From something as simple as a two color logo to a screencapture from an old school nintendo game. I've tried all the iron on printable transfer sheets but those suck for anything other than really simple logos and words on a white tshirt.

SO, does anyone have any other ideas? I've looked online and locally for places that do custom silkscreening but you have to order like a million. What i want is to be able to take any design/picture i want and put it on a shirt. I know there is a way to do it cause I've seen the type of shirt i'm looking for. The designs on these basically look/feel like a thick, rubbery sticker (if you've ever seen the "Serial Killer" line of tshirts you'll know what i mean).

I'm even willing to take a class or something to learn how to silkscreen myself. When i was in high school there was graphic arts class where they spent some time on silk screening but I can't seem to find anything like that at any of the local community colleges. So, does anyone have any ideas?

#243483 - 07/12/2004 00:20 Re: T-Shirt Printing [Re: visuvius]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA

#243484 - 07/12/2004 00:51 Re: T-Shirt Printing [Re: tfabris]
robricc
carpal tunnel

Loc: New Jersey, USA
I'm pretty sure their service only prints on white shirts and the print is glorified iron-on.

I have used iPrint in the past for shirts, but you have to buy at least 12 (maybe 24) and they're not exactly cheap. The quality of the print is very good though.

I know that at work, we used a place in NYC to do screen printing. It came out to only $7 per shirt and I don't think we bought very many. The shirt was a cheap brand and the print was only 1 color for our application, but I can find out who that was if you want.

#243485 - 07/12/2004 00:53 Re: T-Shirt Printing [Re: tfabris]
hybrid8
carpal tunnel

Loc: Toronto, CANADA
Prices aren't very good.

You can likely get a better deal by buying shirts locally (like from Old Navy on sale) and getting them printed via a promotions company. I was thinking of doing some long-sleeve Tees for the holidays, but I think I may wait until the new year. Luckily, I already have some contacts in the printing industry.

Bruno

#243486 - 07/12/2004 00:58 Re: T-Shirt Printing [Re: robricc]
robricc
carpal tunnel

Loc: New Jersey, USA
Oh yeah, if embroidery is an option, check out this guy. He does almost all shirts for the Saab clubs around here and has good prices.

#243487 - 07/12/2004 01:47 Re: T-Shirt Printing [Re: tfabris]
Dignan
carpal tunnel

Loc: Sterling, VA
Thanks, Tony. I had forgotten about that site and thought that Kinkos would be able to do something like this. Nope. So I just ordered one from them. The prices aren't too insane, actually.

*edit*
But I will say that their site is pretty slow. I don't know, maybe it's my machine or connection, but it took a long time to go from screen to screen, and sometimes it timed out.

Edited by Dignan17 (07/12/2004 01:50)