Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#256309 - 17/05/2005 20:12 Next-Gen
Dignan
carpal tunnel

Loc: Sterling, VA
I've got to take a poll here. Now that each console has had its launch event at E3, I'd like to find out what people think. If you want to read about the lanches, here are the links:

XBox 360
Playstation 3
Revolution
Which of the next generation consoles are you most excited about?
Only one choice allowed

Votes accepted starting: 17/05/2005 15:06
View the results of this poll.
Which of the next generation consoles will you probably get?
Multiple choices allowed

Votes accepted starting: 17/05/2005 15:06
View the results of this poll.

#256310 - 17/05/2005 20:15 Re: Next-Gen [Re: Dignan]
Dignan
carpal tunnel

As for myself, I must say I'm more impressed with the PS3 than I thought I would be. The sheer power is nothing less than impressive. The main selling point for me would be the Blu-ray technology and the HD up to 1080p! Unlike every other media type Sony has tried to force on all of us, Blu-ray just seems more logical to me [than HD-DVD]. Aside from higher manufacturing costs and the fact that Sony is backing it, it seems to make more sense in my mind.

Regardless, I can't help but look at Sony and Microsoft and think about the approach they take to gaming. It's all brawn and no heart. I'm realistic enough to realize that this is how the industry is going, and thus the reason that Nintendo failed so badly the last time around.

However, I think it would be tough to count out the Revolution. I'm sure it won't be as powerful as the PS3, but it appears Nintendo didn't try any 'revolution'ary approach to user interface or anything. They stayed somewhat realistic. What excites me the most about the Revolution is the supposed complete backwards compatibility for every single Nintendo console ever made via emulation!! (well, hardware for the Gamecube) That's fantastic!

Obviously, these days Microsoft is going after the current non-gamers pretty hard, and why not? They got a lot of them last time with stuff like Madden and Halo. But I think a lot of the old-school gamers out there are going to glom onto the idea that they can revisit their favorite Nintendo games from the past 20 years. That's phenomenal. I have a friend who hasn't bought the last two generations of consoles. I have a feeling that he'd get a Revolution just to play Rygar.

My biggest question about this emulation stuff is what kind of distribution method they'll employ. Are they going to say that all those ROMs floating out there are legit? Will they have an online store? Will they sell DVDs packed with thousands of classic games? I'm really excited to see how this works out, and to me, it's been the biggest selling factor of any of the systems so far.

But don't worry, I know I'm in the minority

Edited by Dignan17 (17/05/2005 20:15)

#256311 - 17/05/2005 20:59 Re: Next-Gen [Re: Dignan]
eliceo
enthusiast

Sony and Nintendo are selling on backwards compatability which is cool.
When I saw the xbox 360 specs I was impressed, then when I saw the ps3 specs plus screenshots is was way more impressed.

Dual 1080p! Bluetooth, WiFi, Gig Ethernet.

The old nintendo games are great, but PS1/2 have some great titles also. If they can make old games look better, imagine casltevania symphony of the night in HD resolutions.

I voted for PS3. I will probably buy all 3 eventually.

Edited by eliceo (17/05/2005 21:02)

#256312 - 17/05/2005 22:10 Re: Next-Gen [Re: Dignan]
FireFox31
pooh-bah

Loc: East Coast, USA
Hm, I haven't voted yet because I honestly had no idea this stuff existed. But:
Quote:
get a Revolution just to play Rygar

THIS is exciting. THIS may be my first console purchase since 16 bit NES in... 1989? Then I could snag all the old games off EBay for a few $$ each and be a happy man. Wait, the console accepts all the old carts? If I could drop in the black and white original Game Boy cart of Super Mario Land, I'd be in heaven.

But I've been promising myself that I'd buy a PS at some point. Its backward compatibility would let me play all those great titles like Metal Gear Solid and Final Fantasy. Also tempting. And it could act as the DVD player which I... still don't own yet.

Microsoft? No. Just no.

Thanks for the update. Oh, and about emulation. Owning a Revolution would allow you to possess all the emulation programs, not the roms. Unless you bought a 1000 game DVD like you mentioned. Hm...... /me comes up with a devious idea

#256313 - 17/05/2005 23:33 Re: Next-Gen [Re: Dignan]
msaeger
carpal tunnel

Loc: Minnetonka, MN
I am most excited about the nintendo one just because I know there will a at least a few good games for it.

I don't care about specs much I would rather see a good 2d RPG than some crappy licensed game with cinematic like graphics that they spent most of the development time on any day.

Matt

#256314 - 18/05/2005 12:20 Re: Next-Gen [Re: Dignan]
Tim
veteran

Loc: Arizona
The Revolution has me excited because of the downloadable library of games from the N64, SNES and NES. I never really played the NES, but there were some amazing games on the SNES and N64. Given the right mix of friends, I could easily see an entire weekend turning into a blur of Super Mario Kart. Being able ot play Golden Eye again would probably be worth the price of the system by itself.

- Tim

#256315 - 18/05/2005 14:11 Re: Next-Gen [Re: Tim]
Dignan
carpal tunnel

Quote:
I could easily see an entire weekend turning into a blur of Super Mario Kart.

Absolutely! I could see my friends and I working our way through the various iterations of Mario Kart, including the inevitable Revolution version. The race modes have improved greatly over the years, but I still think my favorite version for battle mode is still the original. It just depended so much more on strategy than the later games (has anyone played the bomb mode in Double Dash? that is chaos defined).

I don't know if anyone here still watches G4 (it's a terrible network with a couple redeeming qualities), but I watched their coverage of E3 last night. I was highly disappointed when they merely glossed over this multi-generational backwards compatibility. One guy mentioned that it's nothing more than what you can do with an XBox with a mod chip. Well guess what, you can also do it on a computer, that's not the point. The point is it'll be officially supported, and probably implemented in a very cool way. I'm hoping they go all out with it and do stuff like online play. How many people here would like to see online play for Goldeneye, every Mario Kart, Super Smash Bros, etc?

#256316 - 18/05/2005 14:19 Re: Next-Gen [Re: Dignan]
eliceo
enthusiast

official support is usually better than un official emulation. I guess lots of us with modded xboxs are very impressed with their abilities and can't understand why others are not. If it wasn't for the modded stuff (Xbox media center, emulation, linux, and other pc like aspects) or KOTOR I probably wouldn't own an xbox.

#256317 - 18/05/2005 14:58 Re: Next-Gen [Re: Dignan]
msaeger
carpal tunnel

Loc: Minnetonka, MN
I never really played mario kart but I could see an online one be fun. The did say the DS version is online.

Matt

#256318 - 22/05/2005 15:43 Re: Next-Gen [Re: Dignan]
drakino
carpal tunnel

Having no hands on experience with any, I'm not going to comment much. Specs, I could care less about. Show me a game I want to play, or in the case of an expensive console, a few games.

My E3 impressions thus far is that Sony and Microsoft are really busy throwing specs out at people and each other. So far, specs don't matter in the console arena much. PS2 was the weakest console out of the last gen (including the Dreamcast), and yet it was number 1 by far. So having a multi gigawatt memory interface won't make me buy. The Blu-ray interests me in the PS3, but only if the format wars are settled and I don't have to worry about buying an HD movie format that may die. Cell seems way over hyped. At least we know how Sony will justify the complex chip in a console. 7 cell processors will be active on the die, out of 8, so the PS3 is basicially getting slightly rejected chips off the fab line. The question is where those fully functional 8 cell chips are going.

XBox 360, well, it is the one we will see first. But even with it months away, there wern't a ton of games shown. Most also had PC counterparts. I'll still prefer a PC game to an XBox game mostly for controls in many cases.

Nintendo's console I'll own. I know at some point it will have a Zelda game, and likely a Metroid game. The only long line I stood in at E3 was to play the new Zelda game for the GameCube. Nintendo seems to be the only one of the 3 still just focused on making games, and it's a shame people are slamming them for nor showing their entire hand at E3. I think they are doing the right thing in holding out till they have more to show.

Prices at this point also havn't been announced, though hints from comments in Japan have the PS3 pegged somewhere near $450. That could be a tough sell for Sony initially, especially coming in after the XBox 360. HD still isn't all that big in the US, so I don't see Blu-ray selling the box at first.

E3 was disappointing for the next consoles, since noone really showed much that was interesting. I'm hoping its not an issue with the consoles being too difficult to program for.

#256319 - 22/05/2005 16:14 Re: Next-Gen [Re: drakino]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
I just read an article which said that, if you looked through the ventilation grates on the Xbox360 demo kiosks, what you saw actually running the demos were Macintosh G5s.

I found that so very very amusing.

It actually makes sense when you think about it, since the 360 is going to run a PowerPC processor and an ATI graphics chipset. Still. The idea of Microsoft's game console being based on a Macintosh architecture is just wonderfully ironic.

#256320 - 22/05/2005 16:24 Re: Next-Gen [Re: tfabris]
drakino
carpal tunnel

Yep, I saw those out there, with the fake XBox 360 below the TVs. Saw a few being carried around as well to swap out systems with issues.

Microsoft did comment that any performance related issues were because of the G5s, trying to poke at Apple. But looking at the amount of people carying Powerbooks and iPods around the show, I don't think Apple cared.

Oh, mistake of the show. Nintendo and Sony thinking wireless on a handheld was a good way to show off things. My DS threw fits trying to download any of the demos due to wireless being so crowded, and PSP demos in the Sony area failed in under 30 seconds, even with the two units right near each other. Way too much 802.11, including all the normal access points. The next 802.11 standard really needs more then 3 non overlapping channels badly for situations like that.

#256321 - 03/06/2005 17:37 Re: Next-Gen [Re: Dignan]
Dignan
carpal tunnel

I just had to update this for all three and five people who like the Revolution. Obviously this is very early in the process, so who knows if this will possibly remain true, but check out this news story.

Notice the part about free downloadable classic games. Again, it's very early, and given that you have to pay $20 for the GBA version of Super Mario Bros 1, I wouldn't be suprised if they changed their minds. I also wonder how many games there could possibly be at the launch. Will they just go through their whole collection and put the whole damn thing online? That seems highly unlikely. As much as I'd like to believe that I could download hundreds and hundreds of games for free, all at once, what are the chances of that happening? They'd never sell any new games to the classic Nintendo gamers out there (myself included).

Here's something else I'd been wondering about from the first announcement of this downloadable content: what's to stop third party games? I wish there had been a direct quote in that article, but the author writes "Harrison then confirmed that past-gen, Nintendo-created titles will indeed be downloadable for free." That seems to imply (to my ears, at least), that they fully plan to make it possible to play other companies' games as well. Imagine Sega's entire back catalog on a Nintendo device. SMS, Genesis, Saturn, Dreamcast, etc. Obviously this is a lovely dream, but frankly, I far more enjoy watching this develop than figuring out whether the PS3 will be $400 or $550.

Anyway, sorry for bringing this thread back, and I know I'm a little biased (just call me a fanboy), but I just had to share

#256322 - 03/06/2005 17:55 Re: Next-Gen [Re: Dignan]
tman
carpal tunnel

My theory is that they'll offer some games for free which will probably be rotated every so often. If you want others then you'd pay for a classics game pack. Putting their entire collection online in one go is unlikely unless they're really desperate to draw people from the Xbox & PS crowds. It is a nice idea however for older gamers.

#256323 - 03/06/2005 18:23 Re: Next-Gen [Re: tman]
wfaulk
carpal tunnel

Loc: Raleigh, NC US
I don't know. They're not making any money off those games now (except for the very occasional highly popular ones that they port to the GBA). Putting all those games online for free would be a big draw for the hardcore console gamers, I think, and that's an area where Nintendo has lost a lot of ground. If they can get more Nintendo consoles in the diehards houses, then that's that many more games they have the opportunity to sell.

Also, porting games to a new system costs a lot of money, I would imagine, for each game. But if they put some emulation in the console itself, that's pretty much a one-time development cost. (And it's vaguely possible that they ported some preexisting open-source emulator, reducing their costs that much further.)

I suppose if I were Nintendo, I'd put all the also-ran games online for free and maybe offer the really popular ones for a small fee.

#256324 - 03/06/2005 18:40 Re: Next-Gen [Re: wfaulk]
tman
carpal tunnel

Quote:
I don't know. They're not making any money off those games now (except for the very occasional highly popular ones that they port to the GBA).

The classics collection idea isn't totally dead however. You can still get old game collections and somebody must be buying them otherwise they wouldn't bother releasing them. Xbox Live Arcade for one. I think they're doing a pay-per-download model as well.

Quote:
Putting all those games online for free would be a big draw for the hardcore console gamers, I think, and that's an area where Nintendo has lost a lot of ground. If they can get more Nintendo consoles in the diehards houses, then that's that many more games they have the opportunity to sell.

Yeah. Nintendo don't have particularly good penetration into the diehard market at the moment. Aiming at them is probably better anyway since they're usually the ones with the most money to blow on games.

The handhelds market is being eroded by the Sony PSP now when before they were undisputed leaders. It was pretty much a monopoly since all the other handhelds just died a quick death when trying to go against the Gameboy of any generation. Will be interesting to see how Nintendo and Sony fare. I've got a personal bias towards Sony but thats because I've now got a PSP

Quote:
Also, porting games to a new system costs a lot of money, I would imagine, for each game. But if they put some emulation in the console itself, that's pretty much a one-time development cost. (And it's vaguely possible that they ported some preexisting open-source emulator, reducing their costs that much further.)

It is most probable that they're using an emulator of some kind instead of reimplementing the games from scratch which really would take a lot of money. The emulator is probably a downloadable element instead of being integrated with the console itself. Porting these types of emulators isn't hard due to the low resource requirements.

Homebrew programmers have managed to port a whole bunch of emulators to the v1.0 PSP already.

#256325 - 03/06/2005 19:14 Re: Next-Gen [Re: tman]
wfaulk
carpal tunnel

Loc: Raleigh, NC US
I didn't know you could run unsigned code on the PSP. Or did you mention that before?

And regardless of whether it's in the hardware or as software, it's still pretty much a one-time cost. Of course, they could also do something like add a bit onto it that reads some sort of crypto signature to help prevent unauthorized games from being run on it.

#256326 - 03/06/2005 19:25 Re: Next-Gen [Re: Dignan]
DWallach
carpal tunnel

I'm not really a game player, but all of these new game systems could make for fantastic front-ends to stuff on your computer, whether that's looking at pictures and playing MP3s, to being a video-conferencing hub (e.g., letting the relatives gawk at the new baby). Anybody paid much attention to which of these new game boxes would make for the best home theater component?

#256327 - 03/06/2005 19:32 Re: Next-Gen [Re: wfaulk]
Dignan
carpal tunnel

Quote:
I didn't know you could run unsigned code on the PSP. Or did you mention that before?

I believe it's limited as to which units can do it. Personally, I've only seen the gameboy emulator, which looked terrible.

Quote:
And regardless of whether it's in the hardware or as software, it's still pretty much a one-time cost. Of course, they could also do something like add a bit onto it that reads some sort of crypto signature to help prevent unauthorized games from being run on it.

Exactly. I keep thinking of Midway Arcade Treasures. I went looking for that the other day at two game stores, neither of which had it (for the Gamecube, at least). It figures, really. I can't imagine there was much demand for Paperboy and Rampage among [sarcastic]all those kids playing the Gamecube[/sarcastic]. It cost money to port those old games over, package them, and ship them and keep them on store shelves. This method costs them hardly anything, and becomes a big selling point. Hell, even if they charge a little, they still have the largest library of any console in history (except maybe the SP?).

It also means that in one area, they're a step ahead of Sony. Given that they didn't specify a generation of games, I assume that everything but the Gamecube games (which still need the discs) will be free. That means that while you still have to pay for PS1 games, N64 games are completely free. We're talking two of the best Zelda games.

Who here thinks that Nintendo will make available all the pre-GBA games? By the time the Revolution ships, I can't imagine they'll still be shipping many GBA's that can play the older games (the micro can't).

#256328 - 03/06/2005 19:39 Re: Next-Gen [Re: wfaulk]
eliceo
enthusiast

Japans psp v 1.0 can run lots of stuff right now. Once someone figures out how to get 1.5 versions to run American PSPs can use some of it.

A modded Xbox can do everything you mentioned minus video conferencing. modded xbox + samba server = media player and dvd jukebox.

#256329 - 03/06/2005 19:54 Re: Next-Gen [Re: wfaulk]
tman
carpal tunnel

Quote:

The original Japanese PSPs had v1.0 firmware which had a backdoor. You could run unencrypted ELF files off the memory stick. This hole was quickly fixed in newer revisions of the firmware. It's only the initial batch from the Japanese release that have v1.0

It's a bit dangerous running homebrew stuff since they could write to the flash and make an expensive paperweight for you.

Quote:

Yeah. They just need to make a NES and old style Gameboy emulator. Nintendo already have a NES emulator at least. The eReader would let you swipe cards which contained a small NES game which was then emulated on the GBA.

#256330 - 03/06/2005 20:07 Re: Next-Gen [Re: eliceo]
Dignan
carpal tunnel

Everyone keeps saying that. "My XBox can already emulate stuff." Please. It's completely different. We're basically talking about legitimate, possibly free, 100% functional ROMs. This is nothing like getting a bunch of games off an FTP site and hoping they'll work in ZSNES (which I swear I've never done). This also isn't one of those Taiwanese NES emulators that you see in the mall** (one controller with 500 games!). This is Nintendo. If they do this, they're going to do it right, and it's going to work. As far as I'm concerned, this isn't going to be emulation like we know it now. I predict this will be like playing the original.

**Has anyone seen these things? I actually have the "Mega Joy 2." I can't tell you how bizarre it is to play 2-player Mario Bros with this thing. The first player is using a cheap N64 controller with the game in it, and the second player is using, of all things, a Genesis controller plugged into the N64 controller. It's weird. Plus, the thing is made of the cheapest plastic I've ever seen. It's like there's some production line out there that bought the old N64 molds, and is pumping these things out with the lowest grade materials money can buy. I find it hilarious that things like this show up in the mall. How is this legal?

#256331 - 03/06/2005 20:36 Re: Next-Gen [Re: Dignan]
eliceo
enthusiast

In this instance I was reffering to the comments about streaming from pc with xbox media center.

I wasn't comparing the two. Emulation can often be flaky especially the music and frames per second. Half the fun is using the old style controllers anyway.

#256332 - 03/06/2005 20:59 Re: Next-Gen [Re: eliceo]
Dignan
carpal tunnel

Ah, sorry. I've just been hearing that comment everywhere lately. I'm realizing more and more how much of a "Nintendo fanboy" I've become. I guess it's a reaction to the general philosophy behind what the competitors do. My appologies

#256333 - 03/06/2005 22:15 Re: Next-Gen [Re: Dignan]
tman
carpal tunnel

Quote:
It also means that in one area, they're a step ahead of Sony. Given that they didn't specify a generation of games, I assume that everything but the Gamecube games (which still need the discs) will be free. That means that while you still have to pay for PS1 games, N64 games are completely free. We're talking two of the best Zelda games.

Automatically assuming that because they didn't specify what generation means they're going to release everything is a bit much. At the end of day, if Nintendo can release only some of their back catalog for free and then charge for the rest then they're going to do it. For the Zelda games especially since they know people will be willing to pay a small fee for those.

The needing discs part isn't really a limitation these days with broadband. Downloading 700MB over 512kbps DSL will take just over 3 hours which is bearable if you leave it overnight. A large portion of most game discs is the FMV anyway which you could probably shrink down a bit for the download version.

All 3 next gen consoles are all very hush hush still so a lot of information is still speculation or leaked which no doubt will turn out to be false or partially incorrect. Relying on actual information released by the companies themselves isn't particularly reliable either. If you believed the hype and various touted features then the PS2 and Xbox would have replaced nearly everything in your AV system along with your (super)computer.

It's the same with the technology demos they keep giving. It looks amazing at the time but when the console finally does get released you'll find it suspiciously lacking. They're able to make such a fancy demo because they don't need to bother with gameplay or anything else.

#256334 - 03/06/2005 22:20 Re: Next-Gen [Re: Dignan]
tman
carpal tunnel

Quote:
This is nothing like getting a bunch of games off an FTP site and hoping they'll work in ZSNES (which I swear I've never done).

MAME does works pretty well on the Xbox. You really do need a proper arcade controller setup however but you can purchase that if you're really serious about it.

Quote:
This is Nintendo. If they do this, they're going to do it right, and it's going to work.

*cough*VirtualBoy*cough*

Quote:
**Has anyone seen these things? I actually have the "Mega Joy 2."

Yeah. They show up here as well every time it gets near Christmas.

Quote:
How is this legal?

Most of them aren't. The ones that are legal have totally unknown games or ones they were able to purchase the rights to cheaply which means none of the well known ones. They rely on the fact that by the time the companies notice, they've disappeared. The companies which make these things are invariably in China or Taiwan where the laws are a bit lax on this topic.

#256335 - 04/06/2005 06:22 Re: Next-Gen [Re: Dignan]
frog51
pooh-bah

Loc: Edinburgh, Scotland
Not really interested in buying any of them. My siblings own all the consoles currently out and although each has some goon games, they are pretty disappointing.

The X-Box has poor graphics and games, the Nintento has poor graphics and although the PS2 has some good games, it doesn't compare with a middling PC.

From checking out the new consoles, I will still stick with my PC as it has higher resolution, faster frame rate, better compatibility, more games and also has more uses.

(caveat: I may be getting old, I do still have a megadrive with Sonic and an N64 with Diddy Kong Racing that I got given, and aside from UT, Doom3 etc I mainly play MAME or VPINMAME)
MkII, 80Gb SSD in dock

#256336 - 04/06/2005 15:52 Re: Next-Gen [Re: wfaulk]
drakino
carpal tunnel

It's pretty much been estlablished that the Revolution will have all the guts needed to play GameCube games. And Existing GameCube games already have mostly flawless emulation software for the NES and Nintendo 64 (Metroid Prime, the Zelda bonus discs, Animal Crossing), so about all they need to do is get a good SNES emulator working to cover all the TV consoles. They also have the Game Boy aspect covered with the old SNES adaptor, and also the Game Cube adaptor for the GBA games. So for the most part, not much work needs to go into the emulation software for the Revolution.

As far as what console will be a good media hub, it's hard to say out of the box. The XBox already has the Media Center expander stuff, and so the 360 will as well. The Playstation 3 I bet will have several features in line with the PSP, but expect typical Sony crippling here. What the mod community does is a whole different issue, but I am guessing most of the modders will target the new XBox again if it ends up the only console with a hard drive by default.

#256337 - 07/06/2005 13:58 Re: Next-Gen [Re: tman]
Dignan
carpal tunnel

Sorry to keep bringing this up, but in case anyone's interested, there's a list out there of games that will be available for free download on the Revolution:

http://news.gaminghorizon.com/media2/1118026860.1280.html

Like it says, there's going to be more titles announced later, including ones not made in Japan. For now, I'm satisfied that all the big ones are there, including the whole Zelda series and every Mario Kart.

I should have rephrased what I said earlier. I didn't believe that they'd make every game available. What I meant was that I think they'll prepare as many games as they can and that they will indeed make them available for free download. That list shows about what I'd expect: not every title, but the best games and then some of the mid-quality games. I honestly don't think they'll charge, even for the most popular games.

Yes, many of us could buy this and never buy a single Revolution game (though there will be, of course, Zelda and Mario to purchase). But I think that these days the younger folk have no interest in playing games from 1996, let alone 1986. Of course, these are the same gamers who will want the other fancier consoles. So Nintendo will have to really bank on their innovation for this to catch on. My fingers are crossed.

#256338 - 07/06/2005 14:33 Re: Next-Gen [Re: Dignan]
tman
carpal tunnel

Quote:
Sorry to keep bringing this up, but in case anyone's interested, there's a list out there of games that will be available for free download on the Revolution:

http://news.gaminghorizon.com/media2/1118026860.1280.html

Like it says, there's going to be more titles announced later, including ones not made in Japan. For now, I'm satisfied that all the big ones are there, including the whole Zelda series and every Mario Kart.

Cool. 221 games is certainly showing they really mean it. One question is whether they'll release the same set of games in other territories. Some of the Japanese stuff they might just restrict to Japan.

Quote:
I honestly don't think they'll charge, even for the most popular games.

They might not charge but it might be linked into their real games. Like you have to achieve some specific goal in a game and it'll unlock a certain download for you. They do this anyway with the Game Cube Animal Corssing but it's possible they'll extend it to their online service as well.

Quote:
But I think that these days the younger folk have no interest in playing games from 1996, let alone 1986.

Yup. My young cousins are shocked if a game isn't fully 3D with FSAA and voice acting.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >