I use win2K with my desktop PC, but my notebook came with WinXP. So far I'm pretty happy with it. I've configured it so it looks/acts just like my win2k box.

But there's only one feature that I can't seem to enable. Probably because it isn't there anymore, but I really miss it and would like it back.

In explorer, I always view my files in "detail" mode (because that's the way I like it). In win2k there is an option in explorer so that each media file, be it a pic, a vid or an mp3 could be previewed/prelistened in the explorer window itself.
I never knew how much I used this feature up till now.

In WinXP, the best I can do is not to use detail mode, but "miniaturedisplay"-mode (translating literally here, I have no idea if it's correct) which shows ALL the files in some sort of preview mode. The pics anyway, this does not work for vids or mp3's. Also, because it shows ALL the files in preview mode, it all becomes one big soup, totally cluttered. I really don't like it.

Is there a way to enable this "single file" preview mode while using "detail" view ? (in explorer, not by switching to other programs)
If not, does anybody know of a (preferably free) program that does the same thing ?

Thanks a lot.