In three months time we'll be having a little one underfoot to trip over. Before that time comes I need a few things and some advice on the following setup.

1. Wireless camera and receivers.
We need color and high quality reception as we (the parents) are both kinda geeky.
I am assuming this would require a 2.4GHz setup.
Only one camera is needed (I would consider 2, but she says one... budget restrictions. If the price is right I will have two cameras )
I have found a cheap setup on eBay for about $100 us, but the screen is too small for her. She demands a 2.5inch minimum after comparing my Canon S330 (1.5inch lcd) to my pal's SD550 (2.5 inch lcd).
Are all 2.4 GHz video systems compatible with each other? Can I buy one setup with the small LCD and then buy a second larger LCD with the receiver built in that and have it just work? Where can I find a second LCD (with receiver) without a camera?
We are located in Canada so Canadian Suppliers would be appreciated.

Some of what I have found so far:

SVAT GX5200 in Canada SVAT also makes one with a built in DVR... a little overkill though with the budget restraints I have right now.

Another one with an advertised 2.5 inch screen. Not sure about the screen size as I found it on another site with an identical picture (different casing color) but with a 1.8 inch screen.

The Cheap eBay unit with 1.5 inch screen

The one she likes the most!

The wireless camera part isn't a necessity as the baby's room has 8 RG6 jacks and 8 RJ45 jacks in it. We would still need to have some way to get the signal to a handheld monitor wrelessly. I figure it would probably be simpler just to start with wireless from the beginning.

The reason we need two units is so she can have one with her while she is on Maternity leave and is at home while the baby is sleeping while the other will be hooked up to my computer with some sort of video input (most receivers have a/v outputs as well as their own lcd). The second receiver for the pc wouldn't necessairly need to have a display as long as it could feed the video signal into my pc.

This brings me to item number 2

Wireless network connection from my home to my office.
My office window is exactly 1 km (according to my GPS) line of sight with no obstructions. What is the most cost efficient bit of equipment I can put between my home network and my work network so I can surf from home and I can view my camera from work. I am the IT department so as far as that is concerned there is no problem.

DSL or any other form of broadband is not available here so that isn't even an option for my home.

Anyone with any suggestions or bits of equipment laying around they could part with for cheap???

Thanks a bunch!
Rene, Siobhan and Fetus

P.S. Spooky Ultrasound Picture