I write this post with some caution. Let me say up front that there is probably between 0% and 1% chance of this actually happening - it is very much a personal pipedream. Let me also request that you don't email or PM me with questions about what features might or might not be included in such a hypothetical thing - I'll probably just ignore you even if you do have a red or blue name on this board wink

With that out of the way, let me explain what is on my mind. I am considering commissioning a design for an OMAP3 (ARM) single-board computer for a personal project unrelated to EMPEG but which just so happens to require a decent audio output stage, a dirty 8v-18v power input and the ability to sense or switch a number of 12v lines. Furthermore, it would have Ethernet and USB OTG, an LCD interface, be low power and likely to be similar physical dimensions to the EMPEG main board.

This is probably a good point to remind you of the content of the first paragraph. I should also add that in this increasingly hypothetical scenario, it would only be a main PCB - it would be up to the community to get software running on it and design any daughter boards / interface boards (such as front panel).

Now to the questions.

1. If I could offer a PCB with identical dimensions and fixing points to the EMPEG MK2a PCB and a target price tag of $200-$300, would that be of interest?

2. If you answered yes to the previous question, which specific subset of rear connectors on the MK2a do you feel it is important to retain the exact mechanical position/location of?

3. Following on from 1 and 2, how would your answers differ if a completely different car dock connector was used?

Many thanks for reading this far. Please now read paragraphs 1 and 3 one more time laugh

--
mdavey

Edited by mdavey (18/06/2009 11:05)
Ex-owner of stolen empeg #030102741