Can anyone share tips from their experience scanning 35mm negatives and slides? I'm interested in end-to-end: cleaning originals, scan res/depth/format, and storing the originals. I am scanning some very significant photos (~45 slides, ~60 negatives), so I'd like to do it right within reason.

Cleaning:
Is there a recommended way to remove fingerprints from negatives/slides?

Any problem with using a brand new microfiber mitt to remove dust from the originals?

Scanning:
I'm using an Epson Perfection V700 Photo, its film and slide trays, bundled software, 3200 dpi, 24 bit color, uncompressed TIFF. Its bundled software does a good job correcting color/exposure and automatically parsing negatives.

How can I deal with curled negatives, U shaped across their short edge. I'm worried about the scanner's fixed focus - that the height curl puts part of the image below it.

Is there a RAW format for scanners like in DSLR cameras? Or is TIFF flexible enough to let me play with colors/balance later?

The software has a dust/scratch deletion feature called ICE. Results are amazing and negatives really need it. Sometimes it overacts and sharpens edges all over the image. I use it sparingly. Any thoughts on image cleaning software?

Storing:
Is there a good way to store negatives and slides? I've seen the Print File 3 ring binder sleeves for negatives. But will their plastic bind to the negatives/slides, as mentioned in the CD storage thread?

Thanks. It's so good to see these classic family photos again.