As most of you know now, my video card is in needs of upgrading. I think many of the problems I had in GTA3 were related directly to the video card. Mainly, if a lot of action is happening at once (me running through 5 cars all exploding at the same time whilst mowing bad guys down with a machine gun ), the program will give up and stop and I'll have to restart the game (not the computer anymore - that was a RAM problem).

So I have to decide how I want to upgrade. Here is what I do:
Video capture
Very little gaming
Web stuff

I must have the ability to do video capture, but I don't know what kind of card I want to get for it. On one hand, I could get the best ATI All-In-Wonder out there, which will presumably have really good capture ability, but it's probably more powerful in the graphics acceleration than I need. So the other option is to get a seperate capture card and a video card that's about good enough to do what little gaming I do.

Assuming I go with option #2 for now, what kind of capture card do I get? when I was first experimenting with video capture about 3 years ago, I tried one of those Dazzle USB things and man did that suck. So a card is preferable. Something that will let me do high quality, good bitrate captures. Then I basically want a video card that will be able to run Grand Theft Auto very well. I do not play FPS games (bad motion sickness most likely cause by a baaad roller coaster - I'll explain that if anyone wants). GTA3 is the first game I've bought in 2 years or so, so playing a large amount of demanding games isn't much of an issue.

So what I do:
High quality video caputre
Grand Theft Auto 3
Web browsing and developing

What I don't do:
first person shooters
TV (do not want a tuner card)

What do you guys suggest I do?