This Sunday I’ll be flying from Chicago (United States) to Amsterdam, then down to Istanbul, and finally to Konya, Turkey. It’s a work trip, to visit one of our materials suppliers and work on some product designs (engine parts). I’ll be going with an older gentleman who is their US sales representative.

I’ve thought long and hard about it, and the adventure outweighs any travel risks for me. I’m quite sure that since I’ll be in their company the whole time, I’ve really got nothing to be concerned about. However, I’m looking for some travel tips.

I know to bring the following items – Immodium AD / Pepto-Bismol (just in case my tummy hurts!), and a 220 – 100V converter so that I can recharge my little electronic items. I’m also considering purchasing either an ipod or Nomad Zen before I go as well. I also know that I’ll be bringing my camera and a bunch of film in hopes that we do get a little sightseeing in, and a good book to read.

Anything else I should bring? Anything specific (other than the obvious things like “don’t joke about explosives”) that I should do / not do?