I've watched almost all of the episodes of Enterprise (the newest Star Trek TV series), and have been wildly disappointed in most of them. However, the most recent episode I watched, ``Cease Fire'', was pretty good. I came to this conclusion before, and this episode confirms it; Rick Berman and Brannon Braga should not be allowed to write episodes of Star Trek.

Of the forty-one episodes of Enterprise aired thus far they have written or co-written all but thirteen: ``Breaking the Ice'', ``Civilization'', ``Fortunate Son'', ``Cold Front'', ``Silent Enemy'', ``Dear Doctor'', ``Sleeping Dogs'', ``Minefield'', ``Dead Stop'', ``Singularity'', ``The Catwalk'', ``Dawn'', and ``Cease Fire''. While some of these are stinkers, too, I believe that the vast majority of the good episodes are in this list of thirteen. Which is not to say that all of the B&B episodes are stinkers, but few of them are good.

In particular, I believe that the best episodes of Enterprise, the ones I feel stand head and shoulders above the rest, of which I count only two, are all in that list: ``Dear Doctor'' and ``Cease Fire''. On the other hand, B&B have written the ``Tucker gets stuck alone with X'' episode, I believe, three times (of which the first, in all honesty, wasn't bad), followed once more by ``Dawn'', in the list above.

Why can't they let other people write episodes? There's no excuse for writing three-quarters of the episodes when most of them are bad.

You may ask why I continue to watch it, and that's a good question. It's because it does have a lot of promise. They obviously have a lot of money to throw at the show, and despite some of my misgivings about some of the show's premises, it has a lot of promise, if only they would exploit it or allow it to happen.

Sorry for the rant.