We moved house at the weekend, and when I rang up Pipex to transfer my DSL account, they said that I'd have to cancel the old account and apply for a new one.

Sounds like a good way to encourage people to shop around for alternative suppliers, which is what I'm thinking of doing.

To be honest, I'm happy with Pipex. They're not the cheapest, but they are extremely reliable (which is a good thing, since customer support is crap). However, since it's going to take 7-10 days to get reconnected anyway, I might as well see if anyone has any recommendations.

I'm not interested in Sky or Orange or TalkTalk's "free" services. We probably won't get Sky, and the three of them aren't getting good reviews at the moment.

Similarly, we're not currently considering cable.

So, can anyone recommend residential DSL, at least 8Mbps, no bandwidth limits, preferably with a static IP (for SSH/remote desktop)? Price should be less-than or comparable with Pipex -- i.e. about £15+VAT a month. Reliability is my top requirement -- I work from home fairly regularly these days.

We've got a BT line. Or at least, we should have one this afternoon.

Oh, and we're in West London now.