Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#221056 - 15/02/2002 20:36 Troubleshooting DisplayServer?
bobm
stranger

I'm looking for some tips on troubleshooting a non-working displayserver setup.

I'm using the packages as supplied in the other posting and built the new arf using tarMerge.exe. I've stopped and started both the receiver and the app.

When the receiver comes up it goes looking for the server then displays that it found the server and then doesn't do anything else.

I'm assuming that it's died loading the new kernel (or exec'ing it), the power button doesn't work and I let it sit for a bit.

If I put the old .arf back in all is fine.

I also removed my playlists and mp3's so that it shouldn't be a filelist issue (even though there are only 600mp3 at this point).

the server is a w2k server and works fine without the patch..

any suggestions?
thanks
bob

#221057 - 18/02/2002 11:31 Re: Troubleshooting DisplayServer? [Re: bobm]
Dustoffer
stranger

Try unplugging the device and then replugging it in. I was unable to control it from the web and that was all it took.

#221058 - 19/02/2002 17:04 Re: Troubleshooting DisplayServer? [Re: Dustoffer]
bobm
stranger

It's wierd, with the new software (and a complete power cycle) it goes looking for the server and then says if found it and then nothing else happens.

I've moved the arf's to my linux box and will see if I can figure out what's up. (perhaps I'm too tight on memory).

#221059 - 13/04/2002 14:37 Re: Troubleshooting DisplayServer? [Re: bobm]
justDave
stranger

I'm seeing the same behavior. A trace shows that it isn't getting past the reboot - it downloads zImage and il-binary.o and never comes back.

Are the people who are reporting success using a different version of this patch, a different version of the Rio software or a different version of the hardware?