Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#217547 - 02/06/2004 00:16 Hard drive problems?
goosegog
new poster

Loc: Surrey, UK
Hello all

I've had my beloved Rio Car (S# 30102764) V2 running beta 13 with its original 10GB HD and it's been used every day and is rather high mileage now. It's becoming unreliable. Sometimes it can't find the hard drive on boot-up. Sometimes during synchronisation it freezes. If I listen carefully to it, the HD makes the little grumble it always has but when it fails to start there's an unusual click and squeak inside then it all falls silent....

Any thoughts? Take it to a techie for a look inside?

Kind regards

Fergus, UK

PS, does anyone offer a tuner yet? I signed up for a PCATS tuner http://www.pcats.co.uk/tuner.html but that was over a year ago....

#217548 - 02/06/2004 04:52 Re: Hard drive problems? [Re: goosegog]
pgrzelak
carpal tunnel

Loc: New Jersey, USA
Greetings!

Drive problems are probably the most well documented and sometimes the easiest to troubleshoot. Take a look at that entry and see if that helps your situation. If you are not comfortable opening or examining the unit yourself, I am sure there are folks around you that are. Where are you physically located?

As for the tuner, that is still a work in progress. There has been some movement in the queue recently - I think the last number I saw that was contacted was around 189. There is a thread about that in the general forum...

#217549 - 23/06/2004 00:01 Re: Hard drive problems? [Re: goosegog]
goosegog
new poster

Loc: Surrey, UK
Thanks for the reply Paul. I'll get my little screwdrivers out!