Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#228370 - 24/07/2004 06:44 Problem with Ethernet
CFinch106
new poster

Yes I've read the faq, and it's not helping me with this problem. My PC is seeing the riocar and when I add songs and try to sync it, it says the connection was either cancelled by the remote host or that it's connection was failed. Now I just got this "Synchronize failed while writing player configuration. An operation was attempted on something that is not a socket. (error 0X80072736) I just got this today and took the songs the previous owner had off, I don't have the USB or Serial cable, but I ordered the serial and it should come in sometime this weekend. Is there anything I can do to get the connection to stay? I'm running through a router and into a hub to the riocar. I tried to do just one song, and it synced and when I empeg came back up it showed the song on the player, but the player doesn't seem to have the song, all the player is doing is showing Plays:0, [-/-] s and the time.

Edited by CFinch106 (24/07/2004 07:10)

#228371 - 24/07/2004 07:37 Re: Problem with Ethernet [Re: CFinch106]
mtempsch
pooh-bah

Loc: Gothenburg, Sweden
Quote:
but the player doesn't seem to have the song, all the player is doing is showing Plays:0, [-/-] s and the time.

Is that what it says if you do a "play all" (press the down button 3 times)?
No entries visible in the playlist menu?

As a first step I'd eliminate the router and hook the empeg directly to the computer (cross-over ethernet cable) and see what happens...

#228372 - 24/07/2004 13:29 Re: Problem with Ethernet [Re: mtempsch]
CFinch106
new poster

Yep thats' what it says, I'm running 2.00-beta 13 and I can't upgrade until my serial cable comes in today. When I hit down once it goes to playlist, I hit down again and it says no playlists, and that's it.

EDIT: I think the reason the songs are not showing up is because last night I went delete happy and erased EVERYTHING on the riocar, everything except the basics like Artist, Album, etc... all that is still there, but under playlist it no longer says Main Playlist and Recent Songs or whatever it said, so I remade those playlists, and if I put a song on the riocar, I have to manually drag it onto the Main Playlist thing and it'll show up and play only if I hit down down down. When I do the update later today when I get the cable will all that be replaced so it'll work like normal again? Or can I put them back manually without having to manually put every song into it?

EDIT: It seemed to put the songs that were able to get transfered into the Main Playlist area, but the only way I can see a track is by going to the main playlist instead of having it show up like before. It's still saying that the connection was forcably closed, that's using the crossover cable directly into the pc using network broadcast, I can't get it to work with the 255.255.255.0 IP, and I looked into the "About" on the player and it gave an IP and I tried that and it was still forcably closed after a song or two.

Edited by CFinch106 (24/07/2004 14:56)

#228373 - 25/07/2004 05:05 Re: Problem with Ethernet [Re: CFinch106]
CFinch106
new poster

I've decided that I'm going to have to go USB, it'll take forever but at least it works, I'm trying it with the serial port now haha.

#228374 - 27/07/2004 12:50 Re: Problem with Ethernet [Re: CFinch106]
edsmiata
addict

Loc: New Jersey
Actually...USB is not as slow as you would imagine. I was hooked up via ethernet via a router and had unstable syncs all the time....just for kicks tried USB (after I installed the XP driver...but that is a different story) and the potential slower sync speeds more than makes up for the crashes....

also...i dont think that beta vs final should make a difference

good luck!

#228375 - 27/07/2004 12:57 Re: Problem with Ethernet [Re: CFinch106]
edsmiata
addict

Loc: New Jersey
Well...three things:

1. You can erase playlists without erasing the songs...if that is what you did you will not be able to play (or see) any songs unless you do a search via the remote (guys...correct me if i am wrong)

2. You CAN erase songs when you erase the playlists if, when prompted in emplode, you check off the little box and do so. Then..oh my...you have to upload EVERYTHING again.

3. You can erase songs without erasing playlists...Go to #2

If #1 is the case...all you have to do is drag the songs into their desired playlists and you will be up and running again. The time to do #1 should be much less than the time to do #2 (Keep it clean guys....)

Again..good luck