Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#50007 - 14/12/2001 15:46 Message: waiting
Cas_O
journeyman

Loc: 's-Hertogenbosch; the Netherla...
Hope someone can help me on this. I'm a long-time lurker of the board; tried the FAQ and various searches but haven't come across the problem(s) below.

After upgrading to 2.00beta3 everything appeared fine, so seemed a good moment to add loads of extra music.

Coming back in the morning it timed out (it being early I didn't pay sufficient attention where...). Rebooted emplode and all seemed fine again; synched within a matter of minutes but since then I got the message "waiting". I can access menu and select playlists, but it just sits there, waiting... (I let it sit for over an hour, handy there's a timer indicating how long one IS waiting...)

Re-loaded firmware a couple of times, got a message at one point: "starting audio" with nothing happening. Since then I've gone back to 1.03 and now the message is
"starting radio failed".

Mine is a 6G MKII.

In unlikely case you're wondering: I'm the type that, when in a mess, just tries anything without much method, usually messing things up seriously (although, like the compulsive gambler, I sometimes get results, enough to keep messing about .

Help? Please? Once solved, I promise not to mess things up again, honest!

Cas.

#50008 - 14/12/2001 17:28 Re: Message: waiting [Re: Cas_O]
CyberGlitch
journeyman

Loc: VA, USA
I did this once and slaped myself when I found out what it was. Basicly it's look for an aux input. If you have the rio remote just press "source" and it'll change the source of audio from aux and to the empeg it's self. Realy just be change to something other then just saying "waiting..."
Blue MK2 20 Gig #090000956 4796 Songs Available at all times.

#50009 - 14/12/2001 19:58 Re: Message: waiting [Re: Cas_O]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
"Waiting" means it's on the auxilliary input. Change sources. This might be worth a FAQ entry.

"Starting Radio Failed" means you installed the wrong version of the upgrade file (Car1 vs. Car2). Grab the correct file instead. That one's already in the FAQ.

#50010 - 15/12/2001 02:52 Re: Message: waiting [Re: tfabris]
Cas_O
journeyman

Loc: 's-Hertogenbosch; the Netherla...

Phew...

Thanks Cyberglitch & Tony. Changed back to 2.00b3; All is well now...

Didn't look in the FAQ for the "starting radio failed" assuming I had a problem.

BTW, with the benefit of hindsight, the term waiting isn't illogical, it's just I was expecting it to say AUX or external, whatever. Indeed worth a FAQ.

Good weekend!

Cas.