I have searched for a few hours here, ditto across the 'net. I understand how newbie questions can be, and I have one...

I have a 60 Gig Rio Car on order right now. I currently have a Sony CDX-M770 ES in my dash, all by itself. At the moment I'm using the aux input quite successfully with an Archos Jukebox 20 player. When I get my Empeg here, I'm planning on running that into the Sony unit's aux-in instead. So that's the basic setup. And yes, I want to keep the CD player. I like several features on it, it is already integrated into the rest of my system, and I still want to play CD's on my way home from the store, etc.

I'd *like* to control the Empeg directly with the Sony CD player. I've been looking at the remote commander and how I could adapt it to the Empeg, but I don't have a good spot for that remote, and at that point I'd just use the Empeg's buttons to begin with. That's not the route I want.

When I say "control the Empeg directly with the Sony", I mean control it just as though it were a Sony branded CD changer. I don't need it to relay any track / time / etc, info to the Sony, but I would like to use the existing head unit to control MP3 playback - start, stop, skip, run through the directories, etc.

I can't for the life of me seem to get a direction on how this could be done. If anyone can point me to a few websites, give a few keywords to search for, or any help about what they did to accomplish something like this, I would greatly appreciate it.

Here is an idea of my current setup - won't affect this matter much, but if you're interested... http://www.sallee.org/greg/Eclipse/Eclipse.htm (Warning - the pictures are very big and will bog a dialup connection).