i recently replaced my second hard drive (special thanks to David Moss for taking care of me!) via the FAQ instructions and everything was grand. I had a fresh 50 gigs to upload my mp3s to. I did artists "A thru C" (about 8 gigs) in one swoop without a problem.

I then got greedy and decided to plop the remaining 30 gigs of my collection overnight. It crashed during a "tortoise" album so it did make it to the "t's"

I unplugged the power to the player and it threw some socket error message. I then re-synched with emplode (2.00 b11 on XP) and it did the 'fsck' thing and said certain playlists were not found.

No problem, it was the "Tortoise through Yo La Tengo" (the end of the alphabet).

I deleted those playlists and it re-synched fine.

I then tried to upload the new Flaming Lips album that came out today (amazing BTW) and it crashed. I then installed the developer image and hooked up the hyperterminal and went into the command line and typed:

dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/hda3 bs=512 count=128
dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/empeg_state bs=128 count=1

per tech supports suggestion when this happened before. apparently this corrects a corrupt DB and has it rebuilt.

I then installed 2.00 b11 and hijack 2.80 and waited through another 'fsck' and it complained about the playlist not matching up so I deleted the offending playlist and re-synched with no problem.

I then tried to upload the flaming lips again and it crashed half way through!

What should I do now? Sorry for the wordy descrip but I want to make sure that I didn't screw up a step.

Thanks for your help.