Every once in a while, I find myself in a situation that requires I pull the player out of the car sled with the ignition still on and the amplifiers still on.

This is very rare. Usually I can turn off the ignition, or put the player into standby mode, before pulling the player out of the sled. But once in a while a software bug (for instance, a third party app, a test app, or even an alpha version of the player software) will lock things up to the point where I can't get the player into standby mode. And in those cases, sometimes even turning off the ignition won't get it to go to standby mode and therefore doesn't shut off the amps.

So we all know what happens when you pull the player out of the sled with the amps still on:

POP!!!!!!

With high end stereo systems, sometimes that "pop" is darn serious.

So I was sitting here wondering if this would work:

Mod the docking connector (not sure if I should do the male or female side) so that the amp-remote pin connector was a bit shorter than the others. Thereby making it disconnect a fraction of a second sooner than the audio and power connectors when you pull the sled. Thereby putting the amps into "mute" mode an instant before the pop reaches them.

Anyone think this is do-able? Or if it wouldn't work even if I could do it and why?