I'm trying to figure out how to obtain a switch signal (or pref. a power line) which changes between off and standby/on - the reason is I want to power a 802.11 wireless lan/ethernet convertor, but only when EMPEG is on or in standby. The amp. switch line is only on when powered up so I can't use that.
Btw I have made the ethernet connection dockable using a simple metal bracket, a screw/nut and a cable tie...

I poked about in the tuner connector and found a signal which /seems/ to do the job: 5V when on/standby and 0v when powered off. Is there any information anywhere about the pin-out of the tuner connector?
Would it be safe to use this signal to operate a relay or something? In fact the 802.11/ethernet convertor I'm planning to use actually requires a 5V supply - any chance this could be used directly to power the device - it needs about ~<500mA.

Also noticed that there is no power on pin 4 on the docked RS232 port of my unit (Mk2, bought new last week). I read the other postings about this and thought that apart from some early MK2 units, pin 4 should be 12V(?). Serial number is 090000935.

S