So here's what I've got so far...

My EMPEG had about 5K songs on it. I tried to do an upgrade to V3 Alpha 5 because I wanted to take use of the crossfading features...

Unfortunatly, I (the smart one), didn't notice that Alpha 5 doesn't support rebuilding databases

I downloaded an updated .jar file and I tried doing a command via the command line that was brought up in one of the threads:

C:\Program Files\jEmplode>java -classpath lib\jemplode.jar org.jempeg.empeg.prot
ocol.RebuildDatabase 10.0.3.130

Which, after a long time, yeilded this as a result:

operationStarted (): [RemoteFid: name=16df1; path=/empeg/fids0/; fullPath=/empeg
/fids0/16df1; fid=93681]
operationStarted (): [RemoteFid: name=16e01; path=/empeg/fids0/; fullPath=/empeg
/fids0/16e01; fid=93697]
operationStarted (): Writing tags ...
operationStarted (): Writing database3 ...
operationStarted (): Writing playlists ...

I thought I was good - But I was wrong

I still had no playlists being shown and could not sync up using emplode.

I've gotten my hands on a3 as of now (which I am told allows your to upload/download tunes and rebuild the database), but unfortunatly, I still cannot seem to sync up with it - Errors out everytime in emplode.

I've even tried going back down to V2.00 - to no avail. I still had no playlists.

I've used the builder utility (I don't care if I lose the Mp3s, I have them on my laptop) and it says it's "Already built".

I just loaded 2.00 consumer back on there... and it seem to be able to sync up... And lo and behold I have playlists again! But this still leaves the problem of no crossfading (the ENTIRE reason I messed around with V3 Alpha 3/5 in the first place...

(Can we not see how much Joey wants crossfading and is stubborn/impatient as all hell )

Any ideas are welcomed

Joey