OK, I'm running 2.0 developer, fids sifted, latest Hijack. Running jEmplode, I deleted some songs/playlists and did a sync. The sync failed and on next boot I got the "Rebuilding Database" message. I was getting this everytime the player was rebooted, so I ran a manual FSCK and did a manual rebuild as per the FAQ. Everything was fine until my next sync. Now everytime I sync with either jEmplode or Emplode, the sync crashes and I get the "Rebuilding Database" message on the player display. Fixing it with a manual rebuild works until I need to sync again. Here's where it gets interesting... When syncing with Emplode (or jEmplode), when the display shows the spinning "Synchronising" logo, the player reboots for no reason right in the middle of the sync, then that causes the "Rebuilding Database" problem again. When I go in and try to do the manual rebuild, there are no playlists, tags, or database files to remove. It's as if when Emplode (or jEmplode) rebuilds the database, and deletes the files (tags, playlists, databases) prior to reuploading, the player reboots, so it has no database files on it. I verified this by looking for the files. I also get errors on every RM command during the manual rebuild indicating that there are no files to remove. Again during the rebuild, the player reboots AFTER the files are deleted but before the new rebuilt files have been uploaded from Emplode. This is also causing Emplode to crash. Emplode thinks the rebuild is complete and moves on to uploading config.ini., but the player has rebooted at this point and Emplode crashes. A manual FSCK shows no errors at all. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Jeff

Edited by JeffreyB (10/05/2005 20:16)