Hello:

Now that I have my Empeg Mark-II up and running, I'd like to install some of the 3rd party apps (mainly emptriv). I did some searching, and came across this thread:

http://empegbbs.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/94922/page/43/fpart/1/vc/1

Now, this is a very old thread, and I know that there have been many Hijack updates since this thread. I can follow the directions on getting emptriv onto my player using Hijack's FTP server, but how can I get it to bind to my Hijack menu? I found some info about editing the config.ini file and adding a line similar to this:

@MENUEXEC Emptriv exec /drive0/files/emptriv/emptriv

Does it matter where this line is located in config.ini, and does my syntax look correct? I was also wondering if there is a way to have Emptriv not interfere with the syncing process at all, without having to kill the app via hyperterminal each time.

Finally, how can I add my own questions to emptriv? I have seen that the format is:

"CATEGORY" "Question" "Difficulty" "Answer #1" "Answer #2" "Answer #3" "Answer #4" "Answer #5" "Number of Correct Answer"

Can I just create a tab-delimited file in excel with the columns in this order, then rename the file to *.dat?

Thanks in advance!

-Eric