Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#63619 - 27/01/2002 06:20 UI Changes
MikeS
new poster

Two nits:

1. FWIW I liked the push volume knob to open the menus of 1.03, as I don’t tend to fiddle with the other settings much. It would be nice to have that optional. Have I missed that? Maybe hold knob for Loudness/Balance, etc. Anyone else with me on that??

2. Much more important: It would be nice to have a quick method to switch to Radio/Aux from the front panel buttons (say left-right together, or something.) Or, at least put RADIO and AUX on the main menu right next to Playlist, RADIO closer. (This would add only 1 entry, but save lots of button clicking.) I know about the remote, but, for me, it’s easier to reach for the panel.

Also I want to say: this is an awesome piece of equipment!!! Great work, thank you!!

#63620 - 27/01/2002 07:51 Re: UI Changes [Re: MikeS]
andy
carpal tunnel

Loc: Wivenhoe, Essex, UK
2. You can get easy access to change sources if you install mlord's HiJack kernel.

#63621 - 27/01/2002 10:53 Re: UI Changes [Re: andy]
MikeS
new poster

True. Maybe if I have the time. I thought it might be useful in general...for everyone. Just a thought.

#63622 - 27/01/2002 11:34 Re: UI Changes [Re: MikeS]
andy
carpal tunnel

Loc: Wivenhoe, Essex, UK
I personally think everyone should install the HiJack patch, it is quick and easy to do. It is safe and adds so many little goodies to an already excellent UI.

#63623 - 27/01/2002 12:12 Re: UI Changes [Re: MikeS]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
I'm reasonably sure you can do both of those things with Hijack. In fact, switching to the Tuner and Aux is built-in-- just hold down the knob (and keep it held down even through the hijack menu appearance). The second one, you might be able to do with an IR translation. If not, request it as a feature for Hijack (in the Programming forum, please).

Hijack is great because it gives us a tool to re-map buttons (both IR and front-panel) to do whatever we want. User-customization of the buttons, including macro programming, has been on the wish-list of many empeg users. Now it is a reality, thanks to Mark.

If you're "afraid" of Hijack, don't be. It's very easy to install. Just throw it at my logo editor.