Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#67824 - 06/02/2002 13:48 Alternate Replace Playlist Function
wfaulk
carpal tunnel

Loc: Raleigh, NC US
I don't think I've ever seen this brought up before, but I could be totally wrong. It'd be nice if there was some way to replace the current playlist, but only after finishing the current song, or, maybe, the current playlist. For the latter, I realize that I could just append, but then I've got a playlist that contains both original playlists, so I can't just restart the latter playlist, plus the playlist [xx/yy] numbers no longer correspond to track numbers for playlists which are albums (which could be ignored if track number display were implemented).

#67825 - 06/02/2002 14:40 Re: Alternate Replace Playlist Function [Re: wfaulk]
SE_Sport_Driver
carpal tunnel

Loc: Detroit, MI USA
[in good fun]

playlists that are albums (which could be ignored if track number display were implemented).

[/in good fun]

#67826 - 06/02/2002 16:42 Re: Alternate Replace Playlist Function [Re: SE_Sport_Driver]
wfaulk
carpal tunnel

Loc: Raleigh, NC US
I always get confused by that one, so I actually went and looked it up in my Webster's Dictionary of English Usage. It claims outright that nonrestrictive clauses must be introduced by ``which'', and that restrictive clauses can be introduced by either ``which'' or ``that'', depending solely on stylistic concerns. So, by that rule, I don't think I could be wrong. In reality, I'm not sure whether ``that are albums'' modifies ``playlists'' in a restrictive or non-restrictive manner. I'm leaning towards restrictive, though, so you might be correct also.

#67827 - 11/02/2002 08:55 Re: Alternate Replace Playlist Function [Re: wfaulk]
Taym
carpal tunnel

Loc: Roma, Italy
Restrictive, I would say, since you are restricting the group "playlists" to "only those that are albums" . Now, if that makes little sense to you, please accept my apologies, my mother tongue is Italian, so I am just almost "guessing" based on my highschool books, or, actually, what I remember of those! Just trying to give my contribution because I have always been curious about languages and I would like to get a proper answer too And btw, sorry for the off topic... ehm...
MK2a #040103216 * 100Gb *All/Colors* Radio * 3.0a11 * Hijack = taympeg