Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#95891 - 27/05/2002 05:40 Aux inputs as two mono channels
snowwhite
stranger

I didn’t see this one posted, so here is my suggestion - I would like to be able to treat the AUX input as two mono channels instead of a stereo device. This would allow connection of a scanner and amateur radio (both mono) to the empeg and to allow switching between them, having the appropriate mono signal routed to both the left and right speakers. I would also be looking to individually name both channels.

#95892 - 27/05/2002 08:31 Re: Aux inputs as two mono channels [Re: snowwhite]
LTJBukem
enthusiast

Couldn't you just use 4 Y connectors to achieve the same ?

If you are only having the scanner OR the amateur radio on at any one time it would work OK.

So split each mono signal into two with the first two Y connectors, and then feed one from each into the Y connector the the left AUX and the same for the right AUX. OK so it's the not the greatest for sound quality but it will work.

You would not be able to name individually however ... and I'll leave the combinations of connectors up to you as I don't know the connections on the scanner / am. radio ... possibly mini jack ?

#95893 - 29/05/2002 07:37 Re: Aux inputs as two mono channels [Re: snowwhite]
Dearing
addict

Loc: Florida
I've been thinking about doing the same thing: using CellPhone headset as left input and VCR as right input. If it were possible to split the AUX-IN, that would be great, but a quick balance shift should allow this as well, albeit without different labels for each input.
Jason