Okay so I'm driving into work this morning with the top down on my car, the Empeg blasting, and grew tired of
the playlist I I was listening to. With the top down on the convertible I can't read the Empeg screen at all. I can't
pull off the freeway everytime I want to squint at the Empeg and run down through the menus to change playlists.
So I was stabbing at the Empeg blindly, trying to find a new playlist that fit my mood. Bah!!

Initially I was wishing for a way to just jump to a different playlist, I could find one that I wanted that way
but then a better interface occured to me:

The menus could all include audio equivalents. So as I step though the menus the text is said over the
speakers. I imagine that each menu could have a tiny mp3 associated with it. I'm thinking an English woman's
lightly accented voice:

Volume...Fader...Next Visualization...Playlists......Self-Destruct Sequence Initiated....

Of course that let's you step through the standard menus but how to step through what may turn out to be
hundreds of playlists? Have Emplode generate a tiny mp3 attached to each playlist when it is defined. By
default it's a computer voice saying the playlist title or optionally the user overides with a relevant music sample.
Then you could step though your Playlists:

Classic Rock...Alternative...Electronic...Dance...

One open-source text to speech project is available here.

yours, Dean