I see what you mean. But - wouldn't replacing the heatsink with a fan equipped model, plus maybe one or two case fans accomplish the same thing overall?

Fans on the side - have to be for cooling a video card. Seems like getting a small orb for the card itself would have the same effect. Fan on top to cool the top of the case - the top? Doesn't the fan in the power supply pretty much evacuate the air from the top of the case? Fans in front to cool hard drives - seems like rear fans would pull air in through those holes for a similar effect, especially if you paid attention to where the incomiing air holes were located. Also, having two fans in and two fans out does not double the airflow compared to having either pair by itself, it's more like half again as much - the rise in pressure inside the case from the fans blowing in kills the efficiency of any fans blowing air out. With 4 fans blowing in, I'm doubting the rear or top fans are doing anything more than going for a ride. And to cool the chip - without just getting a heatsink / fan combo, what about attaching a dryer duct or something to an existing single fan and let it pull air over the heatsink, and ditch the other 6? Or leave one or two of them for general case flow, and that's all. But you'd have to seal all the extra holes to guide the airflow...

Random thoughts, sorry if I sound like I'm crapping on the new case. I spent nearly $100 and about a day to finally get mine from 5 fans to 2, I actually got cooler temps and drastically reduced noise in the process. I hear about 7 fans and I cringe.