Well, I thought I had gone through this... I do have my reasons. The main concern is how hot it gets in this room during the summer. My one little Dell fan won't do the job. Also, I'm planning on upgrading eventually anyway - all of the Dell parts will end up back in the Dell case and I'll have two computers (small home LAN). The 2 in front do pull in air for hard drive cooling. The 2 on the side are also intake for basically the whole motherboard. The 2 in the rear are just more exhaust than the normal one. The 1 on the top pulls the heat out of the top - the power supply fan DOES NOT do this because the PSu is a closed box.

I have ordered quieter fans already for this case. And when I upgrade, I will definitely have a cooler on the new CPU. So, I may very well decide that even the Stealth fans aren't quiet enough and unplug some of them. But seeing as the Dell did not come with a CPU cooler besides the heat sink - they all stay on for now.

Basically, I'm not taking any chances. I know it's going overboard. But when I decide to do something I tend to do it right to the point of going over far enough that I won't have to do it again. And it does get very hot in this room.