This is terribly counterproductive and it is a distraction from the basic function of this BBS. I can envision other BBS's where it might be a fun and useful feature, but I don't think it does us any good.

Agreed. Aside from knowing who moderator/admins are, the rest just seems like a distraction. I mean, it's mildly amusing in some ways, but I just don't feel like I'm missing anything with it gone. The "I made X" posts didn't seem like they added much and if folks are looking to those labels to help them figure out who on the BBS is really, really smart, well, that's the wrong approach. Good grief! *I* made "Old Hand". that should say something!

I don't frequent many other BBSes, but can say that the few I've seen where the notion of "post whores" are borne out are nowhere near as interesting as this one. They can be downright garbagey (new adjective?)

Tony, Tom and others have put a lot of time and effort into this BBS. Even if I missed titles a decent bit, I think this is maybe a case where I'd let the folks with red and green names do what they see fit.

'Tis the exceptional fellow who lies awake at night thinking of his successes.