If this thread hasn't done anything else - it has brought out a lot of comments from posters that I haven't seen in a while. Sometimes I felt like the turd at the bottom of the bowl and didn't feel like posting, but then I just decided to ignore it and post anyway.

It seems that most people would rather have the post counts and if it came down to it, have the post counts and not the user titles. What about having the user titles, but not the post counts - so you wouldn't know if you were about to become a 'member' or 'some_other_amusing_title'.

Well, it doesn't really matter to me. The titles do seem to have the ability to separate people out and I bet that people might not feel like they are a part of the community, and even worse - upping your post count by posting meaningless messages. Then again, many "new" people have had a lot to contribute, and, the titles provide amusement.

If the user titles are returned - Tony reserves every right to yell at the pile of lard who decides to post irrelevant messages to increase their post count. That should be amusing in itself.