Yes, we have. I cannot vouch for --alt-preset standard, but I am currently using EAC and LAME to create my mp3s.

For the most part, I've had to wait until EAC finishes ripping and then run LAME separately. And yes, you must list each of the files in the LAME commandline, in the appropriate order, with 2 spaces between each file. LAME will automatically save them as mp3s with a matching filename.

The other way is to have EAC start LAME after the first track is ripped. Now in order to get gapless encoding to work, that instance of LAME has to remain running while EAC is ripping, and you can have no more than one instance of LAME running. If I were at home right now I could open up EAC and tell you what option this is, and where to find it.

There is a problem with the second method, though. As an example, if LAME finishes encoding 01.wav to 01.mp3 before EAC finishes saving 02.wav, then LAME will close and the gapless encoding will be lost. To use the second method safely, you would have to optimize EAC's ripping for speed instead of error correction.

When I get home I'll dig up the name of the option in EAC, and also list my LAME commandline. Currently, I manually run LAME and paste in the commandline as soon as EAC has finished ripping; I don't take any chances.