I just explained in several posts that you can force EAC to only run one instance of LAME, which would make --nogap work.

That setting, at least in the 0.9beta4 that's the latest EAC I can find, affects how many instances of Lame are run simultaneously (for optimising compression on multi-CPU machines). It does not affect the fact that only one WAV file is passed to each instance of Lame. Under such conditions, Lame cannot do true gapless encoding.

When you use the option I specified in my earlier thread, it DOES work, as long as LAME doesn't finish encoding the current file before EAC has the next one ready.

Such a system is technically feasible, but there is simply no code in Lame that implements anything like it. Once Lame.exe has started up -- once it's started compressing a track, for instance -- EAC has no way of adding further filenames to its command line. And I've checked this by making Lame (edit: not EAC) print the filenames it's been given when it starts: it gets one at a time. It sounds like you've just been lucky.

Peter

Edited by peter (16/07/2002 08:32)