My dream is this:

On my PC, I would have a bunch of artist/album folders which are just raw Windows folders and MP3 files. There are no M3Us in there.

I would also have a group of M3U playlists in the root directory above those folders. These are not artists/albums, they are my mood playlists. For instance, they are named "(Low Key).M3U", "(LAN Party).M3U", "(Demo).M3U", etc.

My dream would be to have Jemplode be smart enough to recognize that structure on the PC as being the main actual files in the artist/album folders, and the M3Us be entered as my custom playlists which point to those songs, but which are only pointers to the actual artist/album song FIDs. So that way the M3Us create proper mood playlists, but they do not cause the songs to be uploaded to the player twice when I synch.

Then, after that's all set, a single button in Jemplode would synch that structure from the PC to my player, taking into account any changes, edits, deletions, or additions I've made on the PC. Another button in Jemplode could, if desired do the reverse: Download all the songs from the player, fix up all their tags as part of the download process, put them into that folder structure, and create the M3U playlists for me. This would allow me to easily recover from a failure of the PC, or to duplicate all my collection to another PC.

But, alas, that continues to be my dream.