Lemme also give you some concrete information.

One of the new albums I uploaded recently was Jason Loewenstein's At Sixes and Sevens, which has 14 tracks. As with most of my albums, it has a playlist at the root for the artist named the same as the artist, and each artist has a subordinate playlist named for and containing individual albums. In this case, it's the only album.

In order to test, I deleted all of that using jEmplode by selecting the artist playlist on the playlists tab and then clicking the trashcan button. It pops up a dialog asking ``Are you sure you want to delete Jason Loewenstein''. I check the ``Remove completely'' checkbox and click yes. Then I sync.

After the sync, I move over to the ``Search'' tab and enter the advanced search ``refs=0''. This shows me 8 things. The first is the ``Jason Loewenstein'' playlist, and it's colored in red. The other seven are tracks 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11, and 13 from that album (I hadn't noticed that pattern before, and it may go to explain the following steps). Those 8 items are shown with positions 1-8 (I don't know where that info is determined, so I don't know if it's relevant or not).

So I select all of those items and click the trashcan button again, this time clicking the ``Yes to All'' button and sync again. (This time I happen to get a socket write error exception at EmplodeSyncManager.java:655 when the player has finished rebuilding the database but jEmplode doesn't seem to notice; probably just happenstance and unrelated to the greater problem, but it does have to rebuild the database upon reopening it.) Another ``refs=0'' search leaves me with tracks 1, 5, 9, and 13. These were marked positions 2, 4, 6, and 8 on the previous search.

So I select all of those, trashcan/Yes-to-all them, sync (another exception; it occurs to me that I never saw this until I disabled jEmplode's Hijack support) and another search gives tracks 5 and 13 (former positions 2 and 4).

Do it again (no sync error this time); search reveals track 13 (former position 2).

One more time and they've all gone away.

So it looks like jEmplode only deletes half of what I ask it to each time.

And if I try to upload the same album with the two playlists by bringing up the ``Jason Loewenstein'' directory in Windows Explorer, drag the icon from the Address bar to the Playlists icon in the Playlists tab in jEmplode, everything seems to go more or less okay. (Actually, there seems to be something weird going on with the m3u contained within the ``At Sixes and Sevens'' directory, in that either the files referenced in it or the actual mp3 files are being reported as ``Unknown File Format''. I could understand if they were marked as dupes, but that isn't the case.) Anyway, I click the status dialog's OK button and then sync.

jEmplode shows the new playlist to contain the tracks in the correct order, but the player plays them in the order: 6, 4, 8, 1, 9, 14, 5, 13, 10, 3, 12, 7, 2, 11. If I cycle the player's power, I get them in a different order. Hmmm. Yup. It turns out that the ``Always randomize contents'' checkbox has been turned on for both of those new playlists. Interesting. And simply looking at, not changing anything in, the playlists' properties dialogs changes their display from black to red. But if I do clear that checkbox and resync, then everything seems to be fine on the player.

Taking a step back, if I delete those playlists and try again, I can see that, before I sync to upload the playlists and tracks, the randomize box for those playlists is checked. Maybe that's a feature? Regardless, if I uncheck them before I sync, they remain unchecked after the sync, and they don't turn red when I look at their properties dialogs.

Anyway, that's way more information (or at least way more rambling) than you wanted, I'm sure, but there you go.